TWENTY - CHRISTMAS PARTY

Sasha was frantically racing around her apartment in search of a bracelet she'd misplaced, the minutes on the clock seemingly flying by far faster they they should, only continuing to make her later and later for the Christmas party.

Along with her team, Sasha had won her third court case since Phil's passing, making the festive period a little less cold that year, knowing he would've been incredibly proud of her achievements.

Sasha had been even busier than she'd imagined was possible, spending all her time at work and any spare time she did have in department stores downtown in search of Christmas gifts for Tony.

She wasn't quite sure if they were at the level of buying gifts for one another in their premature relationship, but whether they were together romantically or just as friends, Sasha would've bought him presents regardless.

It was the evening of December 22nd and the entire city outside her apartment windows was covered in thick white snow that reflected the coloured lights that lined the streets and hung in storefronts. It looked magical, but Sasha wasn't looking forward venturing out of the warmth of her home into freezing temperatures in a mini dress and heels.

She slipped on a little red dress with a square neckline that came to just above the knee, though another issue arose when she couldn't reach the zipper to pull it all the way up her back.

"Shit."

Sasha was already thirty minutes late, feeling obliged to stay for drinks after work that night to celebrate winning the court case. One too many Manhattans later and Sasha was attempting to do eyeliner half cut, having to drink two litres of water and eat a turkey sandwich in attempt to sober herself up before Tony's party.

Her phone flashed on the kitchen table showing yet another missed call from Tony, though she didn't have time to call him back as she tied the bracelet she eventually found around her wrist and slipped on her heels.

With all embarrassment she would've normally felt shadowed by the stress of running late, Sasha held her dress up with her hands as she ventured out into the hallway and knocked loudly three times on the front door to her neighbour's apartment.

She hadn't actually met a single person that lived on her floor so far, though she'd been leaving and returning from work at ridiculous hours of the day and night, making the chances of bumping into people quite slim.

"Hi, I'm so sorry to bother you, I live next door and I can't reach the zipper on my dress, would you mind helping me? I'm Sasha, by the way."

Her new neighbour was a dark, curly-haired gentleman who stood tall at around six-foot-four. With dark blue eyes and a five o'clock shadow, Sasha would've normally been far too intimidated to even look in his direction, though the whiskey was still burning hot in her bloodstream at that point.

The man just laughed, a shy smile coming onto his face as he looked down at her, "Sure, no problem. I'm Sean, it's nice to finally meet you, that place has been vacant for a while now."

Sasha breathed with a smile, turning around and pulling her dark hair to the side. He quickly zipped up the back of her dress and she let her curls fall down her back before turning to face him again.

"It's great to meet you too, I've not actually met anyone else yet. Listen, I'm already running late so I better go, thanks for helping me out, I appreciate it."

Sean nodded humbly, his hands lingering on the door handle as Sasha gave him a goodbye smile.

"Not a problem, you look fantastic by the way. I'll see you around."

With flushed cheeks and a grin, Sasha headed down the hallway back towards her apartment, "Thanks, see you."

It was just after nine o'clock when she finally arrived at Tony's place. With a huge, black fur coat being all that shielded her body from the bitter winter elements, she was thankful to be greeted by a doorman and directed straight upstairs.