Chapter 21 | display

Skipping happily into the museum, you were met with the sounds of chatter in the hallways rather than in the main entrance this time. The tablet had only just awoken everyone a few minutes ago and already they were up and about. Following the noises, you and Ahk came across a lot of the exhibits crowded around the door to the new space exhibit that was yet to be finished.

"Ooo, is there something new in there?" You spoke up.

They turned to face you, glad to see you and Ahkmenrah back and safe.

"Ah, Mx (y/n) welcome back! We're all rather curious to see what was bought in today" Teddy said.

"Something new was put in?" Ahk replied.

"There was construction all day, it seems they're putting up the projector system"

You and Ahk slipped into the small crowd and peeked in the doors. It was dark, but you could make it the progress that had been made, sure enough there was a half complete projector system against one of the walls, and the roofing was complete from the inside, still needing the tiles on the outside. From the looks of things all that was left was the seating and rigging up all the electronics. Then all the exhibits and plaques could be moved in and the space room opened.

"I can't wait for this, it's gonna be so cool" you said.

"Isn't it just? I'm eager to see all the galaxies projected onto the roof" Ahkmenrah replied.

Satisfied with the update on the space room, Larry ushered the group away from the door and locked it again as if no one had ever been there.

"By the way (y/n), congratulations on winning" Larry said.

"Oh thanks! How'd you know? Checking the website too are we?" You asked.

"Actually the day staff told me. Apparently they're looking to have your work on display to show in Ahks exhibit so the guests can see what he 'may have' looked like when he was alive. You'll probably get an email about that soon"

"What? No way! Man this just keeps getting better!"

You'd likely be receiving all the winning details tomorrow, as it was late already today. Looks like you're going to have to be checking your emails every two seconds when the sun comes up again.

"That's amazing! Even the museum saw your work, it'll look great in my exhibit" Ahk smiled.

"Congratulations (y/n), I see you're well on your way to being a famous artist" Teddy said.

"Thanks guys, I'm just glad people actually saw my work and acknowledged it. Who knows maybe one day more work will end up in the museum" you thanked.

There was a small art section of the museum, it wasn't an art gallery per se but more of a display of ancient works of art to teach about the methods of the eras. Ancient art was just as important as ancient food or language, it told us about how life was lives and what was important to civilisations back then. You'd been in that end of the museum a few times to look around and see how old artists worked, it was very interesting but a small section since it's hard to find artefacts as it is, but artistic artefacts in particular was rather tricky.

You hoped to see that area expand one day as more is discovered.

After a few congratulations on your win from the exhibits and the promise of another art lesson next visit, everyone was off to spend their night wandering the museum and having fun together. Recently Larry had bought in a Wii and the exhibits were rather frond off playing games like just dance and Wii sports, constantly making bets on who'd win. As for the minis who were much to small for a big console, they'd been having fun with Mario kart on the DS recently.

It was a good idea for Larry to bring in some games, it kept everyone entertained in a way that didn't make glass break and artefacts drop off their stands.

Curious about where your work might get displayed, you and Ahk ended up in his exhibit looking around at places it could be put up. Next to the sarcophagus maybe? Or perhaps on the wall by the tablet? As you looked around for potential spots, you felt arms snake around you and a warm hug pull you in from behind.

"You know I'm proud of you right? You're so talented (y/n)" Ahk said.

"Thanks Ahk, I'm just glad you like my art" you replied.

"I'll always like your art"

You turned to face him, wrapping your arms around him I return.

"Do I get to know what you're working on?" You asked.

"Patience my guardian, when it's done" he replied.

"Which will be when?"

"Hopefully soon"

As curious as you were, you knew there was no ways he'd spoil the surprise. His lips were sealed and that was that.

"Fine, I'm curious as hell though" you said.

"You'll just have to wait I'm afraid" he replied.

"No clues, not even for a kiss?"

You placed a kiss on his cheek, but he didn't budge.

"Tempting, but no. A surprise is a surprise" he replied, returning the kiss with one on your forehead.

"Aww, fine. Buutt what about two kisses?" You teased, placing another two kisses on his cheek and on his lips.

"My lips are sealed, no matter how many kisses"

You gave him a sly grin, eager to get a reaction out of him even if it wasn't a clue about his secret project.

"What about one of these kisses?" You teased, leaning in to put a kiss on his neck.

He felt his face heat up at the feeling of your lips on his neck, not expecting the boldness. Although he really should have, you are one for teasing.

"N-no can do. But you can do that again if your wish" he replied, a slight pink dusting his cheeks.

"Is that so? Maybe I will give you more of them..." you replied, leaning into kiss his neck again on the other side this time.

"Don't tease..."

"Why not? It's fun"

"It's rather compromising to walk in on don't you think? This exhibit it's door-less"

You looked over his shoulder at the open hallway, empty since most of the others were down in the main room. But this hall was connecting many exhibits and was travelled through a lot.

"Then tell your Jackals to block the entrance" you teased, giving him a flirty look.

"... you have a point. Although you really shouldn't be telling a pharaoh what to do (y/n)" he teased back.

"Don't lie to me, you enjoy it. I can see it in your eyes... and the eye of yours branded on my hand"

Admittedly he did want to spend a little time with you, in a more... intimate way. And while here wasn't the best place, maybe he'd allow some sneaky kisses for now.

"You're an enchantress (y/n)..." he said.

"And don't your forget it, pharaoh"