Chapter 36 | open and honest

"Guys look what I found today!"

Ahkmenrah rushed into the museum like an exited child, you followed behind snickering at his cute his excitement was.

"What on earth is that my boy?" Teddy replied, Ahk catching his attention.

The pharaoh held up his fossil, showing the former president and those who'd come to look.

"My god! It's massive! Where on earth did you find that?" Teddy asked.

"(Y/n) took me to the beach. I've never seen the ocean before, it was so much fun! I found it diving for shells" Ahk replied.

Teddy took the shark tooth, having a closer look. He was known for his love of nature, preservation of national parks and knowing a lot about wildlife, so he too was curious about the fossil.

"No modern shark has teeth this big, it must be ancient. And the colouration, the worn down tip, the scuffing from being tossed around the sea floor... definitely prehistoric" he said.

"There must be record of shark fossils somewhere in the archive right?" Ahk asked.

"Surely there must be, we have a whole fossil exhibit"

You smiled watching the two discuss the fossil, Ahk seemed to intrigued and happy with his find. He seemed to have found quite the liking for fossils. If you were the art history significant other, he was definitely the archeology significant other. History truly did connect you more ways than one.

"Lawrence! Come take a look at this" Teddy called out, Larry's attention begins grabbed from across the room.

The night guard walked over, quite surprised to see what at first he thought was one of the museums artefacts in Ahk's hands.

"Holy shit, that's one big tooth" he said.

"I found it at the beach, we have shark fossil records in the archives right?" Ahk replied.

"Uhhh... yes. We do, they're with the sea life files. There should be some pictures to compare it too in there as well, looks pretty prehistoric so I'd guess it's probably an extinct species"

Ahk was buzzing with excitement, eager to find out what he'd managed to find laying around in the sea.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up. I wanna chat with the minis for a second" you said.

"Ok, we'll be in the archives. Love you!" Ahk replied, placing a kiss on your cheek.

"Love you too"

Allowing the history obsessed boys to head off to the archives, you wanted to see what was going on with the two lovers from different eras. It'd been a while now, surely they'd have sorted their feelings out by now. You found them in the staff room gathering pop sticks, with them a sticky note with plans to make a contraption of some kind on it. They were small after all, they did need some fun little machines to help with things bigger than them.

"It's the trouble makers, what's the plan this time?" You asked.

"Ayyy it's the art nerd! We're making a contraption to type on the keyboard, since we're too light to press the keys down" Jed explained.

You looked at the plans on the sticky note, it was actually a pretty good idea. A platform on wheels that can move over the keyboard, someone would sit at the top and use a popstick to press the keys with. The plans written in Latin, meaning Octavius came up with it. Very smart, then again the Roman's did invent a ton of things still used today, you shouldn't be surprised.

"Not bad, that'll work like a charm" you complimented.

"Where's your 'arm candy' as you say? Usually he follows you like a lost kitten" Octavius asked.