3

She was right why was I sticking around. I mean I wasn't a player but wasn't the clingy guy either. The honest answer. I really didn't know. Something wanted me to stick round but I didn't know what.

"What was it you wanted darlin'?" The girl serving us asked. She was  

probably the same age as me with blonde hair a petite figure and obviously knew who I was because her and the other waiters had had a coin toss to decide who got to serve.

"Sweet potato fries a bacon cheese sandwich and nachos with bacon bits and extra cheese" I replied handing her back the menu.

"What are you eating for three" Jesse grinned.

"Who knows maybe I am baby daddy" I chuckled.

Jesse looked at me intently even curiously.

"Ask Jesse"

"Ask what?" She replied innocently

"What you've been dying to say"

"What's it like it be a hockey player and have everyone know you"

"It's cool kinda creepy sometimes like some guy asked me to sign a thong once so he could give it to his girlfriend for Christmas" I laughed "it's cool thought its what I've always wanted to do since I was a kid, have people recognize you isn't too bad for me I fly under the radar unlike Segs looch and marchy"

"Why them three"

"Segs because he's the playboy the 'ladykiller' looch has one of those faces and because he looks like he's a killing machine and brad well he's a bit famous for his "party antics" she nodded sipping on her vanilla milkshake.

"What about you what are you doing?"

"I am studying journalism part time and working well I was whether I still am remains to be seen"

"That's cool" I nodded.

"Here we go guys sweet potato fries and bacon cheese burger for you sirand a cob salad for you ms and your nachos" she said laying all the food down taking her time before walking away.

We ate feverishly hungry from eating nothing but a pack of cookies.

"That was awesome, do you come here often?"

"Yeah me and the guys come here all the time especially before practicethey have the best breakfast pancakes"

"Nate did you not have practice today?" She asked concerned.

"Yeah, but it's okay I squared it with coach we have practice tomorrow before the game anyway"

"Oh okay, we should get going if you have to be up for that don't want you getting fat or anything" she winked

"Yeah right" I shook glancing down to my toned stomach.

She slid out of the bench to the bathroom.

I went to the counter to pay the bill I handed over the cash and the girl handed  

back my receipt.

"Might want to hold on to that one" she grinned seductavly at me as I glanced at the paper her number and name scrawled on the back.

"No thanks" I smiled screwing up the paper and throwing it in the trash. I walked outside to wait for Jesse.

The sky was getting dark the sun was still peeking through the line of  

skyscrapers and trees. It looked amazing.

The sky was a mixture of orange red and purple mixed together. It was only early October so it wasn't too cold yet but a slight breeze.