10

Jessie's pov

"JESS" Jordan hollered as I walked through the door. I'd decided i would come into work early before we opened up since I had taken the week off for a fake death and had been feeling guilty.

"What's up!" I shouted back. Jordan greeted me the same way every single time I walked through the door. Before jumping over the counter and giving me a hug.

"Let go you lump" I slapped at his wrist. I threw my bag under the counter put on my apron and tied my hair into a ponytail.

"Where is Jenna?" I asked

"I don't know hommie she's probably with some dude" he shrugged still shouting.

"Jordan do you mind not shouting it's only 7am" Mike called walking in.

"Nice to see my favorite waitress how was Virginia?"

"It's was okay overall I guess good to see the family" I lied I didn't have any family.

"Well here's your hours this week" Mike handed us both slips of paper.

"Any hours you wanna change?" He asked.

I looked at my paper then me and Jordan swapped to check each others.

"Can I swap my hours on Friday and ill work all day Saturday?"

"You want to work a Saturday you sure that's more hours"

"The girl wants to work a Saturday let her work a Saturday hell I don't mind swapping"

"I'd work the Friday I just have something planned"

"Sure work away you two" he laughed walking back to his office "open her up Jordy" he shouted.

I always found it amazing how people manage to arrive at the diner at the same time. It was as if they had all set there alarms to arrive at exactly the same time. The diner was heaving. I took orders and hollered them to Jordan who cooked them plated them up which I served. I refilled coffee an endless amount of time.

Mike came out to help cook while Jordan did the growing pile of dishes. But with only three of us it was hard to keep up and time the three hour period of morning madness was over my feet were fit to drop.

"Mike I love you and I don't want to tell you how to run a business but you need more staff" I panted wiping the sweat from my forehead.

"The babes right ya'll I can't even feel my own fingers" Jordan added

"You do realize you act more gangster than you are" I smirked

"I'm gangster one day ill have the best restaurant in the whole city ill have some gangster cooking" he declared.

"Hopefully not any time soon though" Mike laughed "but I agree guys I do need some more staff at least one more Reliable waitress and defiantly another cook"

"Oh snap he's gowna fire shayties ass" he said to me referring to Jenna.

"We'll see I'll try get some new staff before weekend easy your workload" he offered "now back to work you slackers" he said seriously laughing.

"Oh yeah Jenna's getting fired Jenna's getting fired woot woot" he chanted going back to washing the dishes.

I was working until four when I was going to sprint to the middle school until 6.

The morning passed quickly and the lunch time crowd wasn't too bad not as manic as breakfast. I was helping Jordy wipe dishes in the kitchen when I heard a crowd come in. I put the stack of plates on the shelve above me and smoothed down my apron.