Explained

Tony's pov

Hearing that, Claire's eyes got really wide as her mouth dropped open in shock.

Panicking, she asked, "Wha_what do you mean?"

"That was just a warm-up for your smart mouth, piccola ragazza (little girl). Next time, answer me properly the first time I ask. Sono chiaro, bambina (Am I clear, baby girl)?"

"No, Daddy," she cried out, trying to pull away from me as more tears started to fall.

"No? Do I need to spank your thighs some more to make my point clear, Francesca?"

My daughter shook her head vehemently, "No, please, Daddy," she pleaded. "I've learned my lesson. You don't need to spank me anymore. Please."

"Get back over my knee, signorina (young lady). We're not quite finished yet." Thankfully, Claire acquiesced and let me guide her back into position. "The remainder of this spanking is for disobeying me and being careless by playing ball in the house."

I methodically punished my daughter's behind by spanking every inch of it several times over. The thoroughness of my work evidenced by the bright red hue of her well-spanked skin seen through her thin white cotton panties.

Pausing her spanking to rest my stinging palm on her warm bottom, I said, "I give you rules to follow for a reason, young lady, and now you see what happens when you break them."

I brought my hand down firmly across the center of her bottom a few more times before lifting her off my lap. Standing her between my knees again, I awaited her apology.

Throwing her arms around my neck and crashing into me she sobbed, "I'm sorry, Daddy, I didn't mean to break your special vase."

"I know breaking the vase was an accident, bambina (baby girl), but disobeying me by playing ball in the house was not. Am I correct?"

I felt her nod against my neck as she clung to me.

"Can you ever forgive me, Daddy, for ruining your fancy vase? I know it was worth a lot of money." Breaking my heart, she sniffled sadly saying, "I understand if you can't."

"Of course I forgive you, Sweetpea." I hugged her tightly as she cried in my arms. Once she calmed down, I sat her sideways on my lap so I could see her face. Rubbing her leg, I said, "I want you to listen to me very carefully now, mia figlia (my daughter). Capisci (Understand)?"

"Si, Padre (Yes, Father), but if I were you, I wouldn't forgive me."

"You are much more important to me than any object, no matter how much it's worth because you, mia bellissima figlia, sei impagabile (my beautiful daughter, are priceless). You are the most rare unique valuable piece of art I will ever have in my home. Nothing compares to your beauty and worth, my love. You are my heart and I would die without you, Claire. I already missed ten years of your life and I don't want to miss a minute more. Now do you believe that I forgive you?"

"I guess so," she replied, with little conviction.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to believe it enough for the both of us," I said, kissing the top of her head. "Now why don't you go up to your room and read until it's time for dinner." I stood her up and gave her a little tap on her bottom as I got to my feet.

"Ok," she said, heading out but stopping in the doorway. "Dad?"

"Yes, sweetheart. What is it?" I asked somewhat distractedly, as I had already started going through some paperwork on my desk.

"What did you mean earlier when you said I was just like my mom? I mean you never even met her, so how could you know what she was like?"

Realizing she had caught my earlier slip of the tongue, she now had my undivided attention. I guess she has been studying her Italian. Well, I knew this day would come eventually, so here goes.