Cleansed

Tony's pov

I honestly should've spanked her yesterday as soon as I heard her mouthing off to my brother. Obviously taking her phone away and making her write lines and an apology did nothing to quell her smart mouth. I'll know better for next time. Now I have a clearer understanding of why EJ felt it was necessary to use a belt on her more than once. She absolutely earned it this time in my opinion, although I'm sure she would disagree.

Claire slowly made her way over to me.

"Guardami negli occhi, figlia (Look me in the eyes, daughter)."

Peering up at me through watery eyes, she pleaded, "Please don't spank me anymore, Daddy. I learned my lesson, I swear."

"I'm not going to spank you anymore, Claire, but you are going to keep your mouth and attitude in check while you tell me if you and your uncle made peace with each other this morning."

"He said he wasn't mad at me anymore so I think everything is fine."

"There," I said, holding her chin to ensure she was listening. "Was that so difficult? Had you just told me that to begin with, you could've avoided all this. I was not the least bit amused by your poor attitude. Capisci (Understand)?"

"Si signore (Yes sir)," she thankfully responded respectfully.

I don't want to have to spank her again. I hate doing that but I can't allow her to act and speak anyway she pleases.

"That's good, mia figlia (my daughter), because if the need arises to have this conversation again, you will not sit comfortably for a week."

Claire's pov

Finally after lecturing me forever, my dad left me alone. I know I should probably start reading the stupid chapters we currently have assigned for my history class but I'm really not feeling it. I wish I had my phone so I could FaceTime Dante. I haven't seen him since forever and I miss him like crazy. Before I even had enough time to picture his cute face in my mind, someone interrupted my daydream by knocking on my door.

"Come in," I called out, not wanting to get up and open the door.

"Hi, sweetheart," my aunt smiled, as she walked in and sat next to me on my bed.

"Hi, Aunt Lexie," I replied sadly.

"Cosa c'è che non va, bambina (What's wrong, baby girl)? You don't sound happy and it looks like you've been crying."

"Nothing. It just seems like everyone's mad at me," I grumbled.

"Awww, that's not true. I'm not mad at you, Claire." Aunt Lexie put her arm around my shoulder and gave me a little hug.

"Yeah, well everyone else is and since you haven't been around for the past few days, you don't know."

"Know what, tesoro (darling)? Why don't you tell me what happened?" she asked, with such concern it made me tear-up a little.

I wish my dad and uncle were this kind to me. Sighing, I held my stuffed bunny in my lap and rubbed his little ears as I unloaded my burden on my aunt.

"Well, it all started yesterday afternoon when I wanted to go outside and practice my soccer moves, but Uncle EJ said I couldn't 'til I got my homework done. Then I may or may not have given him some attitude in my response as I told him I was going outside."

"Claire," my aunt interrupted, knowing she wasn't getting the full story.

"Okay, I admit I was being kinda rude but I just wanted to go outside and I didn't like Uncle EJ bossing me around about doing my stupid homework."

Family: Out of Businessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें