Chapter 14

It wasn't alright.

Handing Walnut and Princess back to the shelter and walking away was one of the hardest things I've had to do in a long time. And that's saying something considering in under six months, I've found my boyfriend cheating on me, packed up and travelled to a different country and agreed to plan said cheaters wedding. Hardest part so far? Saying goodbye to Walnut and Princess.

Demetri dragged me out of the shelter and wrapped me in the safety of his arms while he whispered sweet words and promised we'd do something that would cheer me up.

Doing something that would cheer me up involved going back to the studio where Demetri bundled me in front of my laptop and told me to watch a movie while he went to a local taverna close by and got us some dinner.

It worked. We ate delicious food; I introduced Demetri to The Wedding Planner, and he took my mind off poor Princess and Walnut who were back in the shelter after our walk.

When the credits rolled, I stretched out my stiff limbs before snuggling back into Demetris hold.

He shuffled me in his arms until he was low enough to drop his head to my neck. His lips were barely brushing against my skin, but I could feel his warm breaths. I felt myself tense and relax at the same time...I was malfunctioning.

"I need to talk to you about something." I wouldn't have heard him if all my senses hadn't been on such high alert.

"Mmhm," I hummed some kind of response, showing him I was listening.

I felt the light exhales from his laugh against my neck. It made my spine tingle and my nerves spark.

"I've been thinking," he started. "About ways in which I can claim back these debts you owe me."

Oh. "You have?" I murmured.

Another hum. From him this time.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked, my voice waving. I had never, ever, been this turned on before. "You owe me three. I've decided I want to claim them back in kisses."

Oh lord. "O-okay." I was completely malfunctioning.

Demetri leaned back, and when his eyes caught mine, I saw the darkest depths of them, they were heavy and hooded. He raised his thumb and brushed it over my lower lip. "One here." His voice was deep and husky, lower than I had ever heard it before.

I was paralysed, I couldn't move, I didn't want to move. His hand dropped to my neck and circled the sensitive area where my neck meets my shoulder. "Another one here."

Then.

His hand glided down my neck, over my collarbone, one finger ran slowly down the front of my stomach and came to the dip of my stomach, it dropped lower and lower until I felt his whole hand cup my sex.

I let out a choaked sound when he palmed me right where I wanted him. "And one here."

"Yes," I my voice crept up; it sounded like a high-pitched squeal. And I...I couldn't take it any longer. I turned and pulled myself up in his arms, slammed my front to his and pulled his head down to meet me. His lips met mine in a fierce and possessive kiss. I sunk my hands into his thick hair and pulled so hard I knew he'd feel his scalp burning.

Demetri reached his hand around and palmed my arse, bringing me impossibly closer to him.

I could feel his rock-hard erection through my dress. Fuck, he was big.

Both of his hands slid further until they cupped my thighs. He rolled to his back, reached both his hands down until they cupped my thighs, he pulled until they were straddling his waist. He let out some kind of animalistic growl and I used the opportunity to thrust my tongue into his mouth.