Chapter 20

The party seems to have stretched to the harbour, the tavernas and tourists enjoying the music and dancing as much as the few guests that remain are.

The sun has set, the night is dark, but the twinkling of the fairy lights illuminates the darkness with a certain magic.

I look towards the harbour, where Hebe and her cousins are dancing around in circles.

"There you are," I don't jump this time. I'm far enough from the action to see Demetri approach.

"Hey," I smile.

He doesn't stop until I'm engulfed in his arms, his firm lips against mine. "Mmm," I moan. I cannot get enough of this man.

"What are you doing all the way over here?" he mumbles against my lips.

"Just watching," I smile. I'm stood a good few paces away from Demetris taverna and the church, and the party explosion across the harbour.

"It really is incredible," Demetri replies, watching everyone dancing.

"So," I speak, picking at a piece of lint on his top.

"So?" he questions.

"Are we going to discuss what you said earlier?" I ask quietly.

"Hmm, I've said a lot today princess, you'll have to remind me," he teases.

"Demetri." I can't help the massive smile on my face.

"I'm sorry Alana, you're going to have to jog my memory," he replies, nonchalantly.

I lightly slap his chest, "I hate you."

He turns and pulls my front to his, "I want you to say it."

I look into his gleaming emerald eyes. "You said you loved me."

He nods, "I did."

Biting my lip I reply, "did you mean that in the way of you love me like a friend, or because you like love love me, you really love me kinda way."

When I look back up, he's trying his hardest not to laugh. "Are you asking if I love love you or just love you?"

"Demetri," I laugh.

He seals his mouth over mine again, when he pulls back, he's all business, there's no teasing when he mutters, "yes Alana, I love love you. I love you. You've wrapped yourself around my heart and dug yourself so deep into my soul you're all I think about every single second of the day. I love you in every single way."

I let out a shaky breath, my voice barely a whisper as I hold back the tears, "I love you too, Demetri."

He gives me that big, cheesy smile of his before bringing me back for another kiss. This one is different though. This one is full of confessions and promises, it's full of magic and lust, it's full of dreams and love.

The sound of smashing draws my attention away from Demetri. "What the hell?" I mutter. I look back towards the part. Plates are smashed on the floor near the tables set up for the evening meal.

Oh crap.

"Oh my god! They're not ours..."

"Alana, Alana," Demetri pulls me back to him. "Don't worry."

"Demetri, those are what the caterers supplied. They will charge a fortune!" I push out of Demetris hold and run towards Mia who's mid-throw. "Ahhhh," I grab the plate from her hand and stop her just before she drops it to the floor. "Mia, Mia, what are you doing, these aren't ours, they..."

She places her hand over mine and smiles, "I know, I know, they're the caterers. But do you know what the one thing out of this whole wedding that is charged to Matts credit card?"

I feel the familiar hold of Demetris hand land on my hip again, "I think I can guess." His voice is humorous.

"Oh my god Mia," I try and keep my stern expression in place, but I can't help smiling at her.

She shrugs, "Matt paid for the caterers Alana." She hands me a plate. "Work that credit card girl."

I don't stop the laugh that bubbles up in my throat.

Demetri pulls me a few steps back, "let your frustration out, prinkípissa."

I take a deep breath, raise my arms before throwing the plate to the floor. It's surprisingly good fun.

After numerous broken plates, and when my stomach and face hurt from laughing, I turn back towards where Demetri is stood, watching me with such wonder and admiration, the man who owns my heart and soul completely, just like I do his. I walk into his arms and lean into him.

"I love that smile, I want to see that smile every single day," he speaks into my hair.

"I think that could definitely be arranged," I smile.

"Good, because I don't plan on letting you go."

I lean up on my toes and kiss him quick, "that sounds like the best dream ever."

Demetri kisses me again, "don't ever stop dreaming, prinkípissa. We're just getting started."