Epilogue

Nearly two years later

Well, we had officially made it. The summer season was finally coming to an end, and we had had an incredibly successful year, and a busy one at that.

I had been living on the island for sixteen months now, only returning home for a month at Christmas last year, along with the Andreas' as well.

Demetri was busy, he had passed some of the running of the taverna onto his cousins and had taken over with DIY projects all summer. He had renovated the villa, keeping Pascals entryway still intact, to start renting out to tourists towards the end of the summer. We had already had three couples stay and three great reviews on our website.

As well as that, Demetri has been busy renovating our own home. We had moved out of the small apartment above the taverna and bought out own home not to far from the family and the taverna. It was a work in progress, but Demetri had a vision, and made that vision come to life. It was perfect.

The first thing he did once it was liveable, after letting me order ridiculous amounts of furniture from the mainland, was introduce our new four-legged family members into our home.

Demetri had surprised me with the adoption of Princess and Walnut from the dog shelter, the dogs I fell in love with over two years ago and who we've walked and visited every month since moving back to the island.

They are now a staple part of the household, and a staple part of my heart.

That was Demetris summer projects. As for me, I had been inundated with weddings. The content from Mia's wedding-not-wedding was perfect to advertise what the island had to offer. I had barely gotten settled when I had couples begging me to fit them into my schedule and help them plan their dream destination wedding.

This summer, I expanded. In amongst all the action, Demetri finally took me on the Mamma Mia tour to Skopelos. It was beautiful and magical. I knew then what I had to do. So, in true Mamma Mia fashion, with the help of two wonderful new employees, I expanded my business to the island of Skopelos as well. It took off.

As well as planning dream weddings, I also planned my own.

Demetri and I married here on the island just before the season started. For a Greek wedding, it was small, but it was beautifully magical. It was perfect. With my mum and dad and all the Andreas' by our side, we said 'I do' and committed our love to each other on paper. Not that it was necessary, Demetri knew already how much I loved him, and I knew how much he loved me. He reminds me enough.

I knew I would never stop dreaming, not with Demetri by my side. The longer I lived this life with him, the more my dreams became a reality.

I was experiencing love every single day, and I knew, without a doubt... love always wins.