Chapter 15

I was on an emotional high, the highest high I've ever been on in my life. I couldn't quite believe it considering the current circumstances. But that was the power Demetri held over me, he could take one of the most soul destroying, fucked up times in my life and turn it into something so magical and addictive I could overlook those negative aspects of my work life.

I had busied myself with organising the perfect wedding for Matt and Mia and therefore the perfect content to advertise myself as a destination wedding planner. To broaden my horizons.

We were in the last week of preparations and the wedding was on Saturday. I had been on the island for nearly a month, and I had become accustomed to the way of life here. Since mine and Demetris night together we had seen each other every day, just like normal, but we would spend a lot more time with each other in the evenings. They had become quite active. Who needed runs anymore when I had Demetri burning calories with me left right and centre.

I was on a sex high, and I loved it.

I had checked in with the soon-to-be-wed couple and made sure she approved of my décor choices before I put the orders in. Every single time their response was 'whatever you want.' I had decided after the millionth time of hearing them say that, that I would just plan this wedding how I wanted it to be. I used all my knowledge as a wedding planner to put together what would attract new clients to me when they saw the content of the wedding on my website and social media platforms.

I was going to make this work. There was no doubt about that.

The majority of the orders had come from the mainland already and were hauled inside my tiny studio for now until we could get to the church to set up. I was waiting for my final delivery coming on Thursday to the island and then we would be set.

The wedding would commence.

But by the time Thursday had come around, my high had slowly been diminishing despite the fact I had a gorgeous Greek man warming my bed and my heart daily. The closer we got, the more it was becoming a reality.

This was happening. I was planning Matts wedding. On the island. Where Sophie's frozen heart had slowly started to thaw. Where I had dreamed of having the wedding since the postcard.

I wanted to see the magic she saw, I wanted to feel what she felt, and I had the ability to do that. But now...now? Regret had started to seep in.

Any other of the eight billion people on this planet and I would be back on my high and being the person I was back home. Controlled, focused, businesswoman.

Here? I was held together by the arms of my hunky Andreas and that was about it. That was what was throwing me off, I didn't want to give my dreams to someone like Matt. He didn't deserve it. Would I still feel and see the magic on Saturday when it was him dancing under those fairy lights? When it was him kissing someone else under the olive trees surrounding the church? He had tainted my dream and there was nothing I could do about it. Not anymore.

"Alana, are you alright?" Melas soft voice brings me back to the Andreas woman around me. They all look sorry for me, even Maria, and I hate that I can't channel the confidence of Mary Fiore anymore, I couldn't even channel my inner Harley Quinn.

"Sorry," I smiled as best I could. "Yes, I'm fine thank you. Just a lot of my mind."

They all nodded and gave me reassuring smiles. I was thankful I had people around me while I was here. The Andreas' had become my saviours.

I tried my hardest to pay attention to the conversations, I knew they were speaking in English for my benefit, and I felt bad zoning out on them like I was doing.

"The temperatures are going to sore over the next few days," one of the ladies said.

"Naí, there's heat warning," Mela replied.

But I can't focus. Not when all I can think about is Sophie, and how much I've let her down.