Chapter 16

Saturday, June Eleventh – Wedding Day

The last two days had been a whirlwind of organising and finalising the last-minute details for the wedding. This was one of the parts of the wedding planning process I loved the most. The anticipation and the adrenaline would flow, and I'd start to see everything I had spent months planning start to come together.

Now? I wanted to crawl into Demetris bed and let him hold me until it was all over.

I hadn't seen Demetri since Thursday, I had been so busy preparing the décor orders that arrived, communicating with Matt and Mia that I didn't have the time to see Demetri for my usual coffee and breakfast mornings, and by the time the sun had set, I was too tired to do anything other than sleep.

I had spent more time wiping away the never-ending tears that flowed over the last few days than I had done since Sophie had died. I didn't watch Mamma Mia, I didn't watch The Wedding Planner, I sat in amongst boxes and boxes of wedding decorations in the silence of the dark room until my eyes burned and sleep called to me.

I tossed and turned all night until finally I dragged myself out of bed at the crack of dawn and called the set-up team I had hired to see if they could come and get me and the decorations any earlier. I needed to get this over and done with, and although the wedding wasn't until dusk, I had to keep myself busy.

Luckily, the set-up team had been already at the church getting ready, turns out today is going to be a hot one, and they wanted to get going before the temperatures soared. They were organised, something I could usually relate to.

They helped me transport all the boxes to the church and I spent the few hours going over how and where to decorate everything.

The surrounding area of the church had been closed off to tourists and we had a lot of work cut out for us.

When the men were busy working hard to get the decorations in the places, I headed over to Demetris to get my dose of the Andreas' I had missed the last couple of days. And I needed an iced coffee pronto.

There were a few tourists already eating breakfast and the temperature had already started to rise. Demetri wasn't out front when I got to the taverna, and I headed for one of the tables. I dropped my bag and planners onto the table just as he emerged from the back with a tray of drinks.

His smile instantly eased the ache in my chest, and I don't know why I kept myself away from him for so long. I mean, I know it had only been less than forty-eight hours, but still.

Demetri served a table of tourists their drinks before making a beeline towards me.

"Hi-mmh," my greeting merged into a shocked gasp as Demetri pulled me to him and kissed me so hard, I felt every single worry evaporate for three seconds straight.

"Mmm," I moaned and melted into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer. I didn't care about TMI, I didn't care about too much PDA. I cared about this man and the way he could make me feel.

When he finally pulled back, my lips were numb, and I know my cheeks weren't just flushed from the temperature anymore. I opened my eyes slowly to see Demetris emerald ones staring back at me bright and lush.

There was a collection of wolf whistles and round of applauses coming from the back of the taverna, which I can only assume was from the nosy Andreas women. I ignored everyone and everything around me and focused only on Demetri. "I missed you."

Demetri pulled me impossibly closer, "I missed you too, prinkípissa."

I leaned forward and kissed him again, I couldn't get enough, I wanted him to whisk me away to a far away beach where we could just be together.