Chapter 62: Total Recall

Shock. His heart began racing at a pace that was extraordinarily unnatural, especially for him. The adrenaline began overloading his senses, forcing his eyes to concentrate on nothing, his ears to survey the surrounding sounds, and his muscles to twitch slightly with the anticipation of a coming enemy. 

However, all of these reactions were pointless since there wasn't a single enemy in sight. Instead, the man was sitting in a comfortable chair, behind a gorgeous desk, in an immaculate office. None of his surroundings gave credence to his sudden reaction, but even still the trustworthy individuals that looked over him watched as his expression turned from calm to frantic. 

Watching their leader in distress immediately brought them the desire to protect him, but it was evident to each of them that they were powerless to help. For whatever was occurring in the mind of their boss, and the information that brought him to this state, was far beyond what they knew.

..........

(Y/N) found himself up on the top of a rooftop overlooking the city of Vale once more, staring into space as he contemplated his current situation. As he sat at the edge of the building two more figures appeared behind him, Lilith and Byakko. 

The tiger snake duo stood by their creator, waiting for him to vocalize his thoughts for the both of them to hear. "If Cinder is in Mistral, or at least was in Mistral, then that gives me a good indication that we still have time before our potential meeting. I could try to make my way to Mistral earlier then expected, but that's too risky." 

"After all, I'm not sure where Cinder is, if she even is still in Mistral proper, or what I would be achieving by going out of my way to meet her. It'd be for the best if I just bided my time as I have been and wait for Cinder to come to me. For that to happen I'm going to need to prepare for her arrival, which means..."  Without finishing his thought (Y/N) hopped up from the buildings edge and turned to Lilith and Byakko.

"Master, have you figured out our next step?" Byakko asked the question as a formality since in truth she already knew what her master's response would be. Lilith simply watched the exchange with a neutral expression, seemingly more focused on her own thoughts than anything else.

 Lilith simply watched the exchange with a neutral expression, seemingly more focused on her own thoughts than anything else

"Yes, I have. The next thing on our agenda is going to be preparing for Cinder to request the aid of the Demon Clan. Since I already killed Roman and the rest of his henchman, and Cinder hasn't requested the aid of the White Fang, we are the only option Cinder has left." 

"She has to come to us in order to get a force powerful enough to assist her in taking over Vale. Plus, since she's already asking around about me in Mistral, we can assume that we have her complete interest." 

"Although we are in uncharted territory since none of this happened in Rwby, we can pretty much assume smooth sailing once we shake hands with the woman herself. At least until we go to Atlas and free slaves. Or until Salem starts to get truly involved."