Your smile (Sai×Fem!reader)

Y/N POV

Past, around age 11

I was in my room, crying quietly. I didn't know what happened to my older sister, one day she had gone to train as usual, but she never came back.

Danzo only told me that she was killed due to not being strong enough in battle and that I have to train to become stronger than her. I was scared and had to train very hard, so I wouldn't be killed the same way as she.

Today was a really hard day, my whole body was all covered with bruises from taijutsu training. My opponent made sure that I'll be in pain for a few days.

Suddenly, Danzo entered my room. "You'll go on a mission with another one person. It's just assasination, I expect it will only take you a few days. Prepare yourself, you'll depart in thirty minutes. Your partner for this mission will come to pick you up here. That's all, start packing your things and stop crying, it will only make you look weaker and we don't want that, do we?" Danzo said and exited my room, leaving the door open for a few inches.

I wiped my tears away and started packing. I was doing it like robot, nothing in my mind, just completing task that Danzo gave me. Soon enough I was all packed, clothes and first-aid kit in my backpack.

I already wore training clothes, so I didn't have to change them. I sat on the bed, waiting for somebody to pick me up, so we can fulfill this mission.

This will be my first time to actually go on a mission and kill somebody, but I've seen many people get killed, so I don't think I won't be able to do it.

Soon enough I heard a knock on my door and a person just a little bit older than me came into my room.

He was pretty tall for his age and had a very pale skin with black hair and eyes. He was prepared on mission, so I guessed he'll be my partner.

Without any words I picked my backpack and came closer to him. "Hi, I'll be your partner for this mission. I hope you're skilled enough because you look very young, but who am I to judge. You can call me Sai. Now follow me" he ordered and I quietly did as he told me.

Together we exited the building, where ANBU black ops lived and trained, especially the ones like me- who were trained from young age to become skilled shinobi.

We travelled together for two days, sleeping in our own tents in forest until we found the man we had to kill. We both talked about what we'll do when we'll encouter him, so we were well prepared.

I started to run towards the man, dodging all the attacks he was lauching at me. The man was sure skilled and he was much older than me and Sai, but we were smaller and quickier.

I ran towards him and started kicking, punching and stabbing him with kunai. He dodged all deadly attacks. Then my partner came to scene and released his beasts from drawings, pinning the man down onto ground.

I quickly sliced kunai through mans throat. The blood squirted all over me. My face and my (h/c) hair were almost all red. As I turned my back and faced Sai to smile at him I felt a sharp pain in the back of my leg.

Before I fell onto ground I heard my partner run towards me. After that there's only darkness-

~~~time skip~~~

I woke up with a small headache, seeing Sai as he was sleeping next to me on the ground. I was covered with blankets, so I tried to move them and stand up to stretch a little bit, but sharp pain stopped me.

"Already awake as I see. You were childish when you turned your back to your enemy even though he was almost dead. You caused a lot of trouble, you know?" He said, now being fully awake.