CHAPTER 1

Tyler Moreno

"So today we're gonna do workout, sprinters. But before we go there we start by exercising. Because you sprinters tend to do vigorous activity and of course you need power, you need energy. So first, we're gonna do warm up." I said to my trainees in track sprinters. Seemingly they interested and listening carefully.

"So what is the warm up? Why is it necessary to warm up before starting heavy physical activity?" I questioned them. But i start speaking again because I wanted to point out the importance of warm up. I always said this to my trainees. Because I don't want that they just do it without knowing the reason. It's important that they know the reason because that helps them to keep in their mind that in everything there's a reason. And also to make their motivation to workout stronger.

"The reason why we do warm up it's because we need to elevate our body temperature. The normal temp. Of a person is 37° but when you do warm up, your body temperature increases to 60° and that increases your heart rate, your blood flow, and more oxygen will reach your muscles. Because warm up - exercise activates the connection between the nerve and muscles which can improve efficiency of movement." I explained.

"So in warm up, there are 6 movements. This movement called 'Locomotor movement'. In locomotor movement these are jumping, running, jogging, walking, skipping and galloping."

I start watching them do the exercises. Nakita ko ang determinasyon nila. Na-train ko naman na sila pero araw-araw kong nireremind sa kanila ang warm up- exercise because that is needed.

Sunod na pinagawa ko ay ang stretching.

"In stretching, in our muscles stretching is preparing our body to any major or vigorous activity."

I said while I watch them stretching. And for them to know in stretching you start on your head because the vein on the side of your neck stretches. Di ka pwedeng magsimula sa Paa, nasan ba ang utak mo? Nasa Paa ba? Kaya nga nasa tuktok ang ulo kasi yun ang inuuna. Sa sports not your body only works but your brain cells as well.

"Now we go on our workout." I started. "First thing first, I will start increasing your performance, athletes. I will check your lower body workout. We're gonna go power skips for hype. 2 sets, ten yard, walk back. alright?"

They do thumbs up sign meaning to say they're ready.

"You, since you doing the regular pop,
So pull the toe to the top of shoe, then pop." I explained to the one trainer that is beginner. I saw he's doing it simply i want to teach him much better movement than he does. "Okay, pop the ten yards down let's go, do it again." I command.

The four sprinters do it again including the one I taught.

"Now on power, all you gonna do is add a little bit of—you already naturally do it you just gonna add a little bit power and that hippie extension and so you just driving of that leg. A little bit more, is that okay?" They nodded.

They did it again but in more power way.

Afterwards, before we end the training, last but not the least when you increases your body temperature to 60° you'll bring it back to the normal temperature which is the 37° it must be the Cool down exercises. In cool down exercise the movement are same with the warm up exercises. The locomotor movements. You'll do it again but in slow way.

"Okay, okay, that's good! That's great! Good job sprinters!" I greeted them while raising my thumbs up. Nakita ko ang pawis at pagod sa kanila. Ganon talaga, ginusto nila maging atleta eh.

I am a coach, my job is to train athletes of track printers in the sport of track and field.

I get back to my things to pack it up.