1

People say that love can be beautiful. Although they aren't truly wrong they aren't right either. Love can be beautiful especially with that one special person. Love can open you up to a world of delight but it can blind you. You're so high that the fall is hard and fast.

      We always assume love is about loyalty. Little do we know, betrayal is around the corner. And The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.

"Oh please ¡shut the fuck up!" She yelled to her boyfriend, her ex boyfriend. He yelled at her back returning the same attitude "Please ¡let me explain!"

"¡Go to hell! ¡I don't ever want to see you!" She started to walk away from him. He yelled in frustration. He hates this gut wrenching feeling. They use to be so in love, what happened to them? But then he knew why. He was the problem.

"Please Iliana..." he begged trying to grab her hand. He just wanted to fix things between them.

She turned around, looking at him eye to eye. Tears were falling from her eyes, she was so hurt and he knew it. "I should've never talked you. I regret everything so much, I hate you."

Those three words...they cut deeply inside his heart. He wished to turned back time and never done that stupid stupid dare. Who knew he would be the one with a broken heart.

                                [a few months ago]

As the sun came up to the sky, with green everywhere. Flowers were blooming, the birds chirping everywhere. It was another day, once again.

Another day without him.

It had been a few months since we had moved to a different town. Away from the past, from them, from him...we were trying to start fresh. My family and me left everything, a part of me always felt guilty. We changed many things for me.

But as much as you want to, you can never run from your past. It's like, it's always there. In the back of your mind, at night, or when you're alone. I use to hate being alone.

I was in my thoughts, until I heard a knock on my door." hey, mom said it's time to come down." Said my sister, coming inside with a smile." I'll be there."

"You aren't thinking about him are you?"she asked me, worried. "When am i not thinking about him?" I said with a sight.

She stayed quiet and gave me a small smile with no teeth. She understood what I meant, she had been there for me. "Come down when you're ready."

I got up from my bed. Walking to my bathroom, where I bushed my teeth and washed my face. I changed to a fresh shirt and jeans. School was fine, i didn't have friends. Even after so many months of being there. I didn't try to fit in, I didn't want to meet new people either. School was just school for me.

I came down to the dinning table to grab something to eat before going to school. My mom greeted me with a warm hug and a kiss on the forehead. "Morning sleepyhead"

"Hey ma" I smiled. I grabbed my apple and walked out with my backpack. My sister said her goodbyes and walked right behind me.

"Have you been sleeping?" Asked my sister, catching up to my pace. " not really, I just can't." I answered honestly.

She frowned lightly. "Iliana...You need to let him go. Have you ever thought, that you're holding him back? From eternal peace?"

I looked at her, briefly. What did that even mean? I was trying to let him go, but it was like he didn't let me. But how could I? He was my first love. My boyfriend.

"I miss him." Was all I said. I did, I missed him deeply. I wished he wasn't gone, then maybe, I wouldn't feel so shitty.

She grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "It wasn't your fault." I looked down at my shoes, it wasn't my fault. I didn't cause it but we had argued that night. Why did I have to argue with him? Why?