13

"¿You do?" He said confused as Iliana looked at him anxious. "I do. I really do."

Lance looked at her still confused. He knew that Jc loved her as well, he had been talking about her recently, seeing how his feelings have grown towards her. Jc couldn't stop talking about her, it was all he would ever say. He also knew about the bet, Lance knew that setting her up wasn't a good thing. He just couldn't bring himself to tell her, he knew she didn't know. It was written all over her face, she had no clue.

"Im close to him but not like Justin. He does talk about you constantly." He said giving her a weak smile. "¿Do you think he's busy tonight?" She asked "I'm not sure. He shouldn't be busy, he didn't have anything going on."

They continued talking until it was time to part ways. Iliana had decided to go look for Jc that night, he needed to know how she felt towards him. It would be the first time in a long time she would confess her feelings to someone new. She had an aching feeling on her stomach, she had never felt it before even with Mark.

Once she got home, she laid down on her bed contemplating if she should call him or not. She thought about it for a long time, until she reached for her phone and dialed his number. Bitting her nails as it began to ring. "Hey"

"Hey Jc" she smiled as she heard his voice." ¿Are you busy today?"she asked nervous "no, not at all. Why? Is something wrong?" He asked in a worried tone. "No. I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out"

"Yeah, I'll pick you up in a hour."

"Okay, see you then" she said before hanging up. She got up from her bed and walked to her vanity as she got ready.

Iliana got ready before the hour, she waited in her room until he arrived. Her head was racing with millions of thoughts. She had forgotten the feeling of confessing the "I love you" she remembered how she felt when she did with Mark. He said it first to her.

He had just bought his first car, the red, beautiful Plymouth Fury. He didn't go to his parents house or his friends to show it off but to her. He wanted her to be the first person to pick up, his love.

She was sitting down outside her porch as she saw the shiny new car pull over by the mailbox. Her eyes widen  as she noticed the familiar face inside the vehicle. Iliana ran to him with so much excitement, she was so proud of him.

"¡Oh my! ¡Mark!" She said with a smile plastered on her face "¡I'm so proud of you! ¡Your first car!" He laughed as he saw her expressions. "Our first car. Once we graduate, we're going to take it and leave this town. To start our life and family" he promised.

"Oh marky..." she smiled at him. He got out of the car and hugged her tight, as if it would be the last time he would ever see her. "I love you Illy" he whispered in her ear. "I love you mark, I love you so much" she said before planting a kiss on his lips.

She smiled as she remembered that core memory. It was always going to be engraved in her. His love was so warm and comfortable. He was her peace, her sweetheart.

"Iliana, Jc is here!" Yelled her sister from the other side of the door. "¡Going!" She yelled back.

Iliana quickly looked at herself in the mirror. Today was the day. The start of a new story, with a different boy. Not mark. But with Jc.

She ran down the stairs and said her goodbyes before exiting through the front door. She saw him inside his car, he looked nervous as well.

"Hey" she smiled as she opened the door "hey pretty lady" he greeted her. He turned on the engine and drove to an ice cream shop.

"Hey jc, did you ever had an oficial girlfriend?" she said curiously as they walked down the path of the park. "Uh yeah, I did" he answered.

"¿Really? ¿Who?" She said without care, like if it was any type of topic. "Just a girl, nothing serious really" he said pushing the topic away. She didn't know he had dated Christina.  "¿Why did things end?"