4

"¿Do you want me to take you to work?"he offered "Jc. I'm fine, really. You don't need to do all of this."

"Right. Well then I'll see you around."

She walked away from him and entered her second period. He was doing too much for the little time she had known him. She didn't mind but she wasn't use to it. At least not by him.

Right after school ended she walked home to change for work. She put on a pair of jeans and a black shirt just how Ricky had told her. And walked to work,  entering the restaurant with a smile.

"Hi" she waved from far, catching Ricky's attention by the grill. "¡Welcome!" he said cheerfully "lift that door and come in." He yelled from far. She nodded and did what he told her.

"¿You ready?" he asked "yes sir" she answered certain. "Alright, today is a slow day. You'll be up by the cashier. Thursday aren't busy, Friday's are known as hell days. Besides that, it's a smooth job." He explained while flipping the burgers.

"Here, this is yours" he handed her a apron with a small tag and a marker. "Write your name here for the customers and co workers."

She nodded and wrote down her name on it before placing it in her apron. She tied it from the back and went to the cash register. Ricky was right, it was a slow night. They spent it talking and getting to know each other. He was a dad, of two boys. His wife was a teacher of a near by school. He loved cooking.

"¿You got a ride home?" he asked her, looking out at the window. lightning would light up the small place, meaning it was going to rain.

"I usually walk home." She commented. Before hearing the door open, it was Jc walking in.

"It's going to rain, I thought you might need a ride now?" He told her still uncertain. She frowned and nodded. She did needed a ride now. "Thank you"

Ricky from far saw everything that was happening. He knew Jc for a really long time, and he knew him very well. He had never seen him like that, especially with a girl. He wouldn't do that, it just wasn't him. Was this boy falling for her?

"You're shift is already over Iliana. You can go home" he said "I'll help you clean up. So we can all go home faster" she offered. He chuckled and nodded, both started to clean up while Jc helped as well.

After 15 minutes they finished up. Saying their final goodbyes, ready to go home. Right after jc drove out the parking lot rain drops started to pour from the sky. "Thank you for the ride  home." She told him. "No problem. I remembered you didn't have a car. So I thought I should pick you up"

"¿Have you ever walked home in the rain?" She asked him. Who he answered with a simple no. "It's relaxing. Makes you appreciate it the littlest things" she looked out the window. He had never heard her talk like that before.

"¿Do you want to walk in the rain?" She asked, turning around to face him. "¿How do we do that?" He asked confused. "Park the car." He was still confused but did it either way. Parking the car in the street next to the park.

"Come on. I'll show you what I mean" she said in a soft voice, opening the car door. She closed it feeling the cold rain touch her clothes and skin. She didn't flinch, it was a normal feeling for her.

"¿Are you okay?" he asked worried, trying to cover himself from the rain. "Don't do that, that defeats the purpose. " she smiled at him. "Come on. Let's take a walk."

She started walking, leaving him behind. He catch up to her speed and walked next to her in the rain. "I broke my arm once at the park. I fell from the swing and landed on it." She blurted out. "I'm sorry. I didn't know that"