12

Jc had spent all weekend planning Valentine's Day for Iliana. He wanted it to be more than just prefect for her, a part of him wanted it to be better than anything Mark had done for her. He just knew that whatever it was he would never top it.

Sometimes he would think, what it would've been if she had never had a boyfriend. He could've been his first in many things. Then maybe he didn't have to compete with someone who didn't even exist anymore. But then again, without Mark, she wouldn't have been in his life.

"It's valentines" yelled Christina, coming from behind him. "I know" he said to her. "Where's my kiss" she flirted with him. "Christina. It's been months, you know what's going on between Iliana and me."

"¿What does she even have that I don't? You and me have always spent valentines together. Don't you remember" she said upset. "I'm not getting into this with you" he started to walk away from her.

"Does she know? About the dare"

He quickly turned around and faced her "Shut up."
She raised an eyebrow "so she doesn't. Are you going to tell her?"

"No. And neither are you. So drop it!"

Christina laughed at him. Who knew he was like this now? "I'll drop it. If you spend valentines with me. I won't bother you anymore." She said with a smirk on her face. He had forgotten how pushy she could be when things don't go her way.

"No. I have plans tonight with her" he said frustrated. "You have to two choices. Choose a wise one. Pick me up at 6" she gave him a quick peck on the lips.

Of course, today out of many days this had to happened. He could've comed clean to Iliana but he couldn't. He didn't know why. It felt to late to do so, so hiding it and avoiding it seemed better. Maybe if he just lets Christina have it one last time, he wouldn't have to feel so guilty about it. And forget that this stupid dare had happened in the first place.

That night, Jc picked her up from her house. She was waiting for him outside already once he arrived. In the other hand, Iliana was sitting down at her front porch waiting for him to arrive. She had spent all evening getting ready for their date. She was going to hit him with those three words. She was scared but ready to do it.

Iliana kept looking down, waiting for the headlights of his car to show up. "¿You haven't left?" Asked Layla as she walked out the front door. "Maybe he got busy"

"Maybe. If he doesn't come in 20 minutes you want to hit it somewhere?" She offered. Iliana had never been planted on a date. Not even with Mark.

Mark was always at her door, 30 minutes earlier. It was almost as if she was never on time. He would always greet her with yellow tulips at her door.

"Yeah...I'd like that." She said quietly with a light smile.

Jc had figured if he spent enough time with Christina for a while he would make it in time to pick up Iliana for their date. It would be prefect.

10 minutes had passed, nothing. 20 minutes had passed, nothing still. 30 minutes had passed, no sign of him. Layla came out of the house with a jacket for Iliana.

"¿Ready to eat waffles?" She said "I really do want chocolate chip ones" she laughed, trying to hide the disappointment. "My treat" Layla said, handing the jacket to her sister.

Iliana and Layla spent the night together, at a Waffle House. Talking about anything, and anyone. Layla knew her sister, better than anyone. She knew that she was disappointed and sad. She also knew that moments like these made her miss Mark deeply. He would've never done this to her.

As both girls got home, Iliana saw Jc's car parked on her driveway Witt the lights off. It was almost 12 in the morning. Layla saw how her sisters expression changed. "I'll be inside if you need me." Was all she said before leaving the car.