7

"Thank you for coming all the way out here. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart." She thanked Alma. Hugging her outside in the parking lot. "You're welcome sweetheart." She smiled

She separated from the hug, and wished her a safe trip back. And of course, once again. Alma reminded her to come back home. She even offered her home as a new place to stay, where she could sleep in Mark's room.

Iliana waved from far, watching the car leave the parking lot into the road. She smiled lightly and got inside her car. As she got into the road, tears started to form in her eyes. Why'd did she feel so shitty? She looked on the side of her, the flowers. They were beautiful when she first saw them now they were turning brown, going dry. She had heard a saying that if the flowers were gifted with love they wouldn't die for a long time, but if they weren't gifted with that intention,  they would soon die.

She didn't understand why Alma pushing her to come "home". She kept using Mark's name, saying he would want you here.

She just didn't know what to do, she was confused.
¿Was her peace being broken? She spent the rest of the day at home. But her thoughts were eating her mind. The whole midnight, she couldn't sleep. She decided to grabbed the keys of the car and drive herself to the park. She walked over to the swigs. And sat down to cried. She cried and cried non stop. Why did she feel like this?

"You aren't supposed to cry in the swing."

She turned around to find Jc standing by the pole. She wiped her tears and smiled. "I wasn't crying." She assured him. "Yeah, right."

"¿Why are you here?" She asked him. "It's gonna rain in a bit." He sat down in the swing besides her. "¿So?"

"I'm trying to recreate what we did that night in the rain. I thought I would be by myself here. I really did enjoy it." He confessed. Which caught her by surprised. "I'm glad to here that." She smiled, her eyes were still puffy red.

"¿Why were you exactly crying? ¿Was is because of the spelling bee?"

"No" she laughed, feeling like crying again. "I'm happy that Lance won. He deserves it and I'm so proud of him." She said in a shaky voice. "¿Then?"

"I just feel so shitty right now. I'm so confused, I feel like my head is going to explode. I wish I could just shut down everyone and be myself." She let out in frustration.

"I'm sorry you feel like that." He said with sympathy. "¿Can I ask you something?" She nodded quietly "¿who was that lady from earlier? ¿Was she your mom?"

"She's not my momma, she's not even related to me."

"¿Can you not ask any more questions please?" She said, Jc gave her a small nod and stayed quiet with her. He respected her decision. By that time, rain drops started to fall from the sky. Touching Iliana's skin. She got up from the swing and lay on the concrete. Jc looked at her confused but followed her, without saying a word.

"¿If you could do something all over again what would it be?" She asked him with her eyes closed, feeling the rain fall on her clothes. "I'm not sure. Maybe telling Lance to get away from you. I really am sorry I did."

"It's okay really. I shouldn't have done that to you. I'm also sorry for being rude to you that night. That was really ugly of me."

"I guess we can say we're even?" She laughed by it "I guess we are."

"¿Why did you do that to me? ¿Did I do something wrong to you?" He asked, turning his body to her. "You did nothing wrong. I just don't know how to deal with new people. I thought pushing you away would be better." She explained. "I understand. Ever since my mom gave me away, I've felt like that with people." He confessed as well