11

After that conversation with Marks mom, Jc and her went back home. She didn't know what to tell him on their ride back, she never thought that would happened.

"¿You okay?" He asked, her eyes had lost the spark she had in the morning on their way there. "Yeah...I'm just tired." She kept staring at the road. "It doesn't make you a bad person. Wanting to move on, you know?"

She gave out a big sight "¿Then why does it feel like it?" She asked. "I can't answer that. But it's okay to put yourself first Iliana."

"I know...I just wish everything was okay."

The whole ride back home was more uplifting after their conversation. Jc seemed to understand a little bit more about her life especially after today. She was really strong.

"I'm really glad that I went Iliana. I got to know a little bit about your world. I might not always understand but I want you to know that I'm here for you regardless."

"Thank you for coming along Jc. It really does mean a lot" she smiled. "I'll see you at school tomorrow." She waved goodbye to him as she drove home.

Jc seemed to be trying hard for her. No one would ever do such thing especially if it was a dead ex boyfriend. Maybe giving it a shot at love once again couldn't be that bad, right?

"Good morning" she greeted him with a smile as she came up to him at his locker. "Hey pretty girl" he reached down to give her a kiss on the cheek.

"I was thinking for valentines. We could go out and do something" he suggested as they walked to class together. "I like that, do you have a place in mind?" She asked him

"I'll see what we can do" he said. Joey came up to him with a smile on his face "Hey Iliana" he winked at her "Hi Joey" she smiled briefly "I'm gonna go talk to Lance." She said to Jc before walking away.

He saw her walk up to his friend who was sitting at his desk alone. "¿So? ¿Has it happened?" He asked curiously "no."

"Don't tell me you're falling for her" He laughed "Christina is pissed at you for this. She's jealous of her. She has you wrapped around her finger" he joked "why don't we drop this. It's obviously not going to happened. "

Joey rolled his eyes and continued a different conversation. On the other hand, Iliana was laughing with Lance. "So what's going on with you and Jc" he asked

"¿I don't know? We've been going out for a few months now. We passed Christmas and New years together and now Valentines?" She said confused "¿Would Jc be your first boyfriend? Even since you got here you haven't dated anyone or talked to a boy other than Jc"

She didn't know whether to tell Lance or not. The only people that knew were Ricky and Jc. "Uh not really, I use to have a boyfriend back in town." She said like nothing. "Cool, what was his name?" He asked "Mark"

"¿Mark? ¿What was his last name?" He asked confused as he heard the name. "Uh, Mark Wahlberg" she frowned confused at his question. "Oh. That mark." He said with his eyes opened. "Lance what do you mean by that mark?" She asked now more confused than ever. Did he know him?

"¿You dated Mark?" He asked once again. Whatever he knew was eater her from inside "yes. Do you know him?" She asked almost frustrated "I personally didn't. My cousin did, his name is Antony"

¿Antony is Lance's cousin? Antony was one of Mark's best friends who played basketball with since they were little. "When Antony told us about it we had no idea who he was but he was really close him. Antony had mentioned you briefly as well. He didn't say your name but he did say that you, his girlfriend, were taking his death hard"