9

"That's so gross" She laughed out loud, while Jc laughed along with her. "I was so little. I didn't know" he defended himself still laughing.

"Hey, did you turn in our project?" She asked, opening her bottle of water to drink from it. "I did" he answered as she nodded and took another sip. "So for tomorrow morning I was hoping we could get some breakfast and go somewhere." He went on with his sentence.

"I cant." She said, stoping him immediately from going on. "¿Why? It's Sunday" he looked confused still showing a smile "I just can't tomorrow. I'm busy every Sunday morning til evening"

"Oh, okay." He said confused "Then...okay. That's fine with me" he looked at her, she seemed nervous. "Sorry, I know you wanted to hang out but I'm actually busy on sundays."

It had been almost 3 weeks since they saw each other continuously. Everyday, every afternoon, every weekend except Sundays. It frustrated him, he couldn't seem to break into her. She had so many walls protecting her. It was like each wall he teared down, there was another one waiting for him, ten times stronger than the last.

He wanted to get it over with. He wanted to reach what was truly inside of her. Catch her really comfortable with him. Take what he needed to take from her and leave. A part of him didn't want to spend so much time with her either. She was growing inside of him and he hated. He couldn't attach himself to her. But he loved seeing Iliana. He just couldn't admit it to himself. He just wanted to get Joey's dare over with and forget about her. He knows he wouldn't but this needed to end fast before he was caught up with his feelings.

"Jc" a voice got him out of his thoughts. It was Christina, standing in front of him almost annoyed of the little attention he was giving her. "¿What?" He looked at her without a care. "Let's hang out. You and me...tonight." She played with the strap of his backpack.

"I'm busy." His eyes were on her hand, she paced her fingers around his backpack to his chest. "Come on, I miss us. I miss my friend."

He craved for attention, for a touch of a girl. Something he wasn't getting for Iliana. It drove him crazy, he couldn't get nowhere with her. "Alright then" he smirked. "Good, my house. My parents are out of town." She winked at him. Before walking away. He watched her leave, she was good with her words.

"Hey" Iliana smiled with a joyful voice walking towards him. "Hey" he greeted her with a small warm smile. "I was thinking we could watch a movie in my backyard with my sister and mom." She was excited to tell him about their plans. "Oh, I actually got something up just now."

"Oh, that's a bummer." She tried to hide her disappointment with a smile. "Yeah, sorry. Maybe another time" he reached for the back of his neck. "That's okay. Don't worry about it, there's always a next time"

They walked together, to her next class. Like how he always did. She waved bye, and went inside the classroom. Watching him disappear within the crowd of students. It had been months since she had meet him, but it had been weeks she had been going out with him. Nothing was official. But it sure felt like it, just no physical touch. She didn't understand why, why she didn't have the courage to hold his hand, hug him, or even kiss him. It felt like she was betraying him. there would be times time where they were so close, but she would back away. terrified of his touch, or maybe of letting herself fall inlove again, With someone new.

"Hey mom, Jc isn't coming over tonight. Something came up" she said, walking in the kitchen. Her mother stood up from the chair she was sitting. She looked concerned, something happened. She handed Iliana a letter in her hand. She looked at her mom confused, by her unexpected actions. Until her eyes fell on the envelope in her hands