5

Pov. Iliana

I said my goodbye to him, which felt different than when I first came in. I can't believe I'm saying his but Layla was right, you do feel better after. I talked to him for a long while. I experience different emotions throughout my stay from being happy and sad. Almost as a back and fourth feeling. Telling my life events with asking why did he do it.

As I was walking out of the cemetery, I found his mom walking in. We saw each other, eye to eye. You can tell by her look, she was surprised to see me once again. Especially after a long time

"¿Iliana?" She asked confused "Good morning miss Alma." She smiled warmly. "¿What are you doing here? ¿Did you come and see Marky?"

"I did. I thought it was time to come back."

"I'm glad you did. I was just leaving some flowers to him. Would you care to join me for breakfast?" She asked, Iliana nodded and joined her to drop of the flowers. Before leaving town once again.

They entered a dinner down the road. Sitting across from each other, Iliana felt awkward since it had been a long time. Last time she saw Alma was at his funeral. "¿How have you been? I heard you moved away after the funeral." She asked

"I've been doing better, way much better" she lifted her eyebrows with a small giggle. "That's great honey. How long will you been in town?"

"Only for the weekend, I'll be leaving tomorrow."she took a sip from her drink. "I see...will you be coming back soon?"

"I'm not sure, I hope I do. My other half is here and I don't want to be far away from him. How is Donald doing?" Iliana asked. Alma quickly looked down before finding the words to tell her. "After mark's funeral. Donald and me parted ways. Losing a son isn't easy, it destroyed our marriage. He couldn't handle Marks death, and I don't blame him. I'm still trying to adjust to this new living."

"I'm very sorry to hear that. I didn't know"

"It just caught us off guard. His suicide and the drugs, it was a big surprise. No one saw it coming." She looked at her "¿Have you been seeing someone new?"

"No." She shook her head "I haven't even thought about it. I still can't get over mark, I don't think I ever will." Alma only nodded and took a bite of her food.

After catching up on their life's and remembering mark. Iliana said goodbye to his mother before going home. She had bee gone the whole morning.

                               [7 months ago]
March, 17 2000

It was Friday evening. Mark had been avoiding Iliana all morning. She didn't understand why, they hadn't argued? Even if they did, he wouldn't ignore her. It wasn't something he would do, ever.

"Mark" she walked up to him "hey pretty" he kissed her cheek."¿why are you avoiding me?" She sounded hurt by his actions. "I'm not baby, I've been busy."

"Could've told me, you know?"

"I know, I'm sorry. Im going to a party tonight, i want you to come with me" he leaned on his locker. "I cant, I have to study."

He groaned in frustration by her answer "Ugh, illy. I would appreciate it if you could leave those books me for, just for a night"

"I would appreciate it if you wouldn't ignore me."

"I said I was sorry." He rolled his eyes. She gave him a look and told him "Plus, you should stop it with the parties. It's not good for you. You go out every weekend, and I barely see you."

"I dont control what you do so don't do it with me. Okay? Be thankful I'm even inviting you."

"¿Thankful? ¿For what? That I want to spend my night doing something productive?"