Chapter Twelve: Peculiar Family Ties

It was a strange experience, being pulled through a T.V. screen. It was like being thrown into an entire different dimension.
Just as quick as you stepped in, you were spit out. You tumbled to the floor with a grunt.

Ben helped you up, and you were greeted by the sight of quite a few people in the living room.

A girl with bright red hair and stitches all over her face stood next to a very tall man with tendrils protruding from his back. What was even more strange was that he didn't have a face. His abnormal height was...also strange.

Sitting on the couch beside the tall man and the red head were three boys. One wore a white mask and tan jacket, the other wore a yellow hoodie and black mask, the other wore a mouth guard sort of thing, a brown hoodie, and goggles.

The tall, slender man folded his arms across his chest. You could feel his...gaze on you, even though he didn't have a face.

"Y/N, it's...a pleasure to finally meet you," he said. His voice was..a bit softer than you expected a weird entity like him to sound like. A soft static was in the back of your mind. It was kind of comforting. You assumed it was coming from him.

"I'm Slenderman, and welcome to my mansion. These boys here are Masky, Hoodie, and Toby. The red head beside me is Evelyn. These are my proxies."

You were kind of speechless. You didn't really know what to say. Your mind was slow at the moment after the absolute breakdown you had just had. After a second of gathering your thoughts, you decided to be polite and try to make a good first impression.

You bowed your head respectfully and held the creatures..."gaze"...?
"Nice to meet you, sir."

He rose an eyebrow.
"Well, at least you have manners, unlike some others here. I respect you for that, and I'm glad you're being respectful to me," he rasped. His gaze shifted to Ben.

"I may have underestimated you about this human, Benjamin. This may be better than I thought it would be."

You could hear the smirk in Ben's voice as he chuckled.
"Damn right, Slender."

The no faced man scoffed and turned his gaze back to you.
"I'm sure Benjamin told you...that there are some unfortunate news he has to tell you. Am I correct?"

You stiffened, but you nodded.
"Y-Yes, sir."

The man nodded.
"Benjamin. Take her upstairs to your room to tell her. She probably won't want so many eyes on her, just in case. When you've calmed her down enough, bring her to my office and we will talk more there."

Ben nodded, grabbed your hand, lacing his fingers in yours, and led you past the man and red head and up the stairs.

You squeezed Ben's hand, following reluctantly behind him. At the top of the stairs he led you down a hall. You passed a boy with a pale face, a smile cut into his cheeks, and long black hair. You passed another wearing a navy blue hoodie and a blue mask with inky black stains on it. A little girl in a pink dress with blood on her face. A clown...-

You quickly turned your gaze to the floor and followed after Ben, your face paling. Who was this strange family? Ben's strange family?

He stopped walking and you nearly ran into him. He opened a door and tugged you inside, shutting and locking it behind you. He sat on his bed with you and grasped both of your hands.

"You're not going to like what I have to tell you."

You stared at your lap for a moment before looking him in the eyes.
"Stop stalling and just tell me..." your voice was weak. Your hands were shaking. You drew in a deep breath, trying to stay calm. You didn't want your nerves to get the better of you.