Chapter Seventeen: Deer and Bunnies

As you and Evelyn made your way through the brush, she held an arm out.

You stopped walking and stared ahead. Before you was a decent sized buck, a doe at his side.

"We can get both of them if we each aim correctly and time our shots to go at the same time," the red head whispered to you.
"Jump up into that tree. Don't shake the branches or you'll alert the deer."

You nodded your head. As silently as you could, you hopped up and grabbed the tree branch closest to you, pulling yourself up carefully.

Evelyn was quick to get up into the tree beside yours. She looked at you, readying her bow, slipping an arrow onto the string, waiting for you to do the same.

You did your best to be quiet. It was hard. You wobbled a little, trying to find your balance squatting on the tree branch. You caught your balance. In the middle of readying your bow, you slipped, lost your balance, and fell to the ground, scaring off the doe and her buck.

Evelyn quickly jumped out of her spot in the tree opposite yours. She headed over to you in a rush.
"(Y/n), are you alright?!"

You pushed yourself up and nodded, rubbing your head gently.
"Yeah. I just lost my balance, is all. I'm sorry, Evelyn. I messed it up."

"That's okay, my dear. This is your first time. It's okay to make mistakes. You can learn from them," she encouraged, giving you a small smile. She extended a hand to help you up.
She examined your face.
"You've scratched your cheek up, and you've got a bloody nose."

You wiped your nose with your hoodie sleeve. You pulled it back and stared at the blood.
You chuckled a little.
"I'm alright, really. Let's keep going. I wanna be successful with something. Even if it's small."

Evelyn smirked a little, her emerald green eyes glowing.
"I like your determination. Alright. Let's continue then."

And off you two went again, deeper into the woods.

Eventually, you stumbled on some rabbits. The two of you crouched low to the ground, hiding behind some brush.

Evelyn readied her bow, and you swiftly followed her movements.

You two looked at each other, nodded, and released your arrows.

Two rabbits, down in one swift shot from the both of you.

You jumped up excitedly and rushed over to collect the arrows.

Evelyn followed you over and smiled.
"Well done, my dear. You did great. Let's gut them and then take them back to the manor."

A little queasy at the thought of collecting the rabbit and the guts, your face paled.

The red headed huntress noticed.
"Right, you're not used to this. I'll show you this time, and you can just watch. You'll have to get used to it eventually. You'll have to be able to do it on your own if you go hunting by yourself. And if you're gonna be hunting humans that enter these woods like we do...you really have to buck it up."

You swallowed hard, your determined look never leaving your face.
"No, please show me how to do it. I want to do it."

The red head, obviously pleased, nodded and showed you what to do.

After both rabbits were gutted, you placed the innards into a small burlap sack Evelyn had brought. She strapped it to her belt and you grabbed the rabbits by the ears, holding one in each hand.

The two of you proceeded back to the manor.

Once there, Evelyn led you to a shed around the left side of the manor where animals she had hunted and guts and..other things were held for other residents of the manor.
You scrunched your nose up at the awful smell.

Evelyn chuckled.
"You'll get used to it, I know you will."

You nodded. You helped her put the rabbits away and such, then the two of you headed inside.

"Same time tomorrow, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"You remember where Ben's room is?"

"I think so."

"I'll walk with you just in case. My room is down the same hall as his."

You thanked her and the two of you headed upstairs together. You couldn't wait to wash the blood off of yourself in the showe.

Evelyn showed you to Ben's room then headed off to her own.

You bid her goodnight and then knocked on Ben's door.

He answered it rather quickly. He grabbed your arm and pulled you inside.

You squeaked and laughed.
"I'm covered in blood, you know."

Ben rose an eyebrow.

Your cheeks flushed in embarrassment as realization hit you.
"R-Right. I'm an idiot," you muttered.

Ben chuckled and kissed your forehead.
"Now go shower. You're mine tonight~" He whispered into your ear.

You blushed more and growled at his teasing. You elbowed him in the stomach, forcing him to release you with a wheeze.

"(Y/N)!" He yelled, chasing you as you ran off to grab your clothes from his dresser drawers. You then rushed into his bathroom, shutting and locking the door so he couldn't get in. You were laughing.

Ben continued to try to get into the bathroom while you proceeded to shower.
What a good night.

_________________

Hey, guys. Sorry it took so long to get this out. Been very busy. Some things have happened and I've been an emotional wreck since last night and I hardly got any sleep. But here we are! Hopefully this month won't be so busy and I'll have more time to update for you guys! And especially second semester of school I'll only have one class and then I graduate in May!
Also, for those of you wondering, no, there will be no smut in this book. I dislike it, so it won't happen, lol.
-Sassyboi