Chapter Twenty-Six: Part Time Proxy?

You stared dumbfounded at the faceless being standing before you.
"Me? A Proxy? But aren't your proxies always busy? It seems like they're never around and-"

Slender interrupted you by chuckling.

You glared playfully, your tone mocking when you spoke, "what's so funny?"

He ruffled your hair carefully, his tone equally playful with you at this point. You could tell he was relaxed. Acting like his normal self. Like a "father" to his child. You were a part of his family now, after all.

"I am aware that I work my proxies hard. And I think after that fight with Polaris I realized everyone here needs time to themselves to relax every so often. My proxies are very loyal and they work hard. As does everyone else in this family. I have also realized I work myself too hard and it wears on me. So I think I'm going to be more lenient on my proxies. My whole family. So what I am asking of you is no difficult task. You have all of the same skills as my red headed huntress, and I am so very grateful to her for teaching you what she knows. You have done well, my child. When I asked you to be my proxy, what I am entailing is you stepping in for someone should they not be able to do their work at some point. I do understand that sometimes things happen and it is hard for someone to do their work, even if it is only one day. Usually Evelyn carries out those tasks, but she works far harder than anyone here, especially myself. So I would like you to be my proxy even if it is just helping someone out. We need to work together more in this family to help one another."

You smiled.
"If you work yourself too hard you tend to build up that stress and you burn out. Trust me, I learned that the hard way when it came to my writing."
You patted Slender on the shoulder and stood, stretching.
"I accept your offer. And I think you've made a good decision. This will be helpful not only for you, but everyone else here. I'm glad I get to be a part of you family, Slender. Thank you for accepting me."

And with that said, you headed back inside to find Ben and hang out with the others.

Evelyn came weaving her way through the trees just as you left to go back inside.

Slender patted the empty spot on the porch beside him for his red headed huntress.

She smiled and sat beside the head pasta.
"So, did (Y/N) accept being a proxy?"

Slender nodded his head.
"She did."

"Did you talk to her about what you talked to me about?"

"Indeed. She took it very well. She will fit in great here. She already has been, it seems," he replied, putting an arm around his huntress.

"This change is for the better. Things will only get better from here."

The faceless pasta nodded, relaxing with his huntress in the cool night.

Inside the manor, you were weaving your way through people, in search of Ben.
You found him on the couch with a few other people, chatting away. He spotted you and patted his lap for you.

You obliged and plopped down on his lap, leaning back against him, getting comfortable as he wrapped his warm arms around your waist.

"Did you have a good talk with Slender?"

"I did. He asked me to be his proxy."

Ben only smiled. Slender had talked to him about it earlier.
"And?"

"I accepted, obviously," you teased, poking his cheek.

"I knew you would. And the good thing is...we'll still have plenty of time to spend together."

You nodded.

Your life was better than ever here, and you would enjoy every moment of it. You had a new family, new friends...and it was great. You wouldn't change it for the world.

THE END

___________________________

A/N: Alrighty, my friends! That concludes My Sweet Serial Killer! I hope you all enjoyed and I can't wait to hear what you all thought about it. What should I write next?
Let me know what you think.
See you all later!
-Sassyboi