2.

"THE DAY I MET THE KING

"THE DAY I MET THE KING.."

---¤𖠁¤---

Fiddling with the rings on her hand, her eyes are focusing onto the hall ahead of her. Tracing her thumb against the gem on her ring, nerves bubbling up inside of her as she gets closer and closer to the door. This was a huge deal. She was going to be in front of the royal family. Gulping as her thoughts began to spiral, the giant doors of the great hall came into view. A small feeling of dread fills her gut at the ominous sight of the dragon sigil on the door.

Feeling her Father's eyes on her, she turns her head to see him watching her carefully. She couldn't decipher anything negative in his stare, not directly at least. Crap. Shifting her eyes away from him, she clasps her hands in front of her, taking a deep breath. Trying her best to calm herself. Everything was going to be okay. Shutting her eyes tightly, the creaking of the door opening makes her eyes snap open. Here goes nothing..

"Ah, Corlys! My old friend! Come! Come!" An unfamiliar voice calls, making her flinch.

"My king." Her Dad smiles, "Rhaenyra, how is she healing?"

"Good. Good. Another boy!" The white haired man smiles, nodding his head.

Furrowing her brows as her Father embraces another man, it doesn't process in her head that this man was the King. Like the King, the literal King of the Seven Kingdoms. Chewing on her bottom lip rather awkwardly, her eyes darted over to the room, a few people scattered around here and there. All absorbed with their own little worlds. Tilting her head to the side, they both pull away from each other, their attention onto her. The man is tall and looks ill. His snow white hair is thinning out, a cut on his hand looking rather rotted. This was the King? He was King Viserys?

"Well, who is this? Where have you been hiding this one, Corlys?" The man smiles softly.

"This is my youngest, Jocelyn. She's been with her Uncle, he's been teaching her everything that is needed." Her Dad smiles, "Though, from what she has told me, he's bored her with knot tying."

"Knot tying, hmm? You enjoy the sea, eh?" Viserys questions, a hint of a teasing tone in his voice.

Snapping out of her thoughts, she doesn't answer him, her eyes widening at his words. Should she respond? Should she not? Gods, does her Father even want her to respond? Looking at her Father for the 'okay' to respond, a soft smile spread across his face, nodding his head. Licking her bottom lip, she struggles to find the right thing to say. A simple 'yes'? Should she be honest?

"I do, your majesty." She whispers, her voice barely loud enough for him to hear. "I do not have a dragon, so boats are all I have."

"No dragon?" He questions, raising a brow.

"No, your majesty." She shakes her head, "Why do you⎯What does that mean?"

"You've never hatched an egg, Jocelyn? Were you not gifted one, Corlys?" Viserys questions, turning to her Dad.