13.

"WHERE YOU GO, I GO

"WHERE YOU GO, I GO.."

---¤𖠁¤---

Placing another kiss onto his snout, he lets out another loud purr, making her softly smile. She found his purring and loud huffing comforting, more comforting than the apologies and prayers she had been given by everyone. Pulling back from the kiss, she stares sadly at Mor'du, a pit deep in her stomach. Gently petting Mor'du, her eyes lower, the once happy smile on her face now a deep frown. Laena never got to meet Mor'du⎯No, she would never get the chance to meet him. She was planning on visiting after the birth. Her letters were full of so much excitement.

Shivering as a strong gust of wind hits her, she shifts her eyes to the rough waves, crashing loudly against the rocks. If given the option, she'd switch places with her sister's in a heartbeat. She'd be the one dead and Laena would still be here. Her son would still be alive. Everyone would be happy. Shutting her eyes tightly, she takes a deep breath in, trying to not burst into tears again. She didn't want to keep on crying. She was tired of everything⎯of everyone. Hearing the crunching of sand, she turns her head, seeing Laenor standing there. A sad look on his face.

"So this is the mighty Mor'du, Father was talking about. He's a beauty, little sister. Laena would have loved him." Laenor complimented, his voice cracking at the end.

"Lykirī. Lykirī. Dohaerās. Raqiros. Raqiros." She whispers, trying to soothe a now tense Mor'du.

"Your Valyrian has improved. Greatly. You used to struggle to roll your words. Laena used to scold me for mocking you." He comments, his lips quivering.

"Thank you, brother. Laena's letters helped me." The lump in her throat thickens, "She..She would have loved to see how much things changed.."

"She would." He whispers, tears flooding his eyes.

Blinking away the tears in her eyes, blame it on the wiping winds of the sea. Or blame it on her fond memories that flooded her mind every time someone mentioned Laena's name. But, she had missed him dearly. She didn't want to leave him, but after Aegon. After what had happened at that dinner, she did not feel safe. Not even after hours of reassurance. Wiping away the tears in her eyes, Mor'du whines softly, curling up into her side. Nudging her hip with his snout, she places her hand on it, softly petting it half-heartedly. She was fine, just a little emotional, if anything. Harshly swallowing the lump in her throat, she blinks away the tears in her eyes.

"The funeral is beautiful. I have missed High Tide. I have missed home." He whispers, "I had hoped to take the boys here, though I never thought it would be under these circumstances."

"Do not try to change the subject, Laenor. Daemon, he has been staring a lot at Rhaenyra, a lot. She does the same. He doesn't even spare a glance at the girls. He just stares at Rhaenyra. Surely, you have noticed that." She clenches her jaw tightly, "Surely, you've done something about it."

"It is not that simple⎯"

"I may be young, and I may not fully understand adult matters. But, you have done nothing to stop it!" Her voice cracks, "We are here to bury Laena. To put her at rest. To mourn as a family. How can you just let them ignore her? How can you not do something to stop it?!"

He's silent. His eyes filled with so much guilt, it only made her angrier. Did he not care about Laena? Why didn't he do something? Anything?! Even just a threatening glare would mean that he saw it. That he acknowledged that this was a problem! Something that was going to be taken care of! Lowering his eyes to the ground, Laenor takes a step forward, reaching out to hold her. Taking a step back, Mor'du lets out a low warning growl, standing up high and intimidatingly.

Turning to Mor'du, she pets him gently, trying to calm him before he dares to do something out of fear. She didn't not want to bring harm to her brother. She just wanted to hear why he had turned a blind eye to everything. His reason had to be a good one, surely? Whispering soft words to Mor'du, he shifts once again, sinking back into the sand with a loud huff. But, his eyes still locked onto Laenor. A silent threat, telling him not to dare to cause any more hurt with his owner.

"You turn a blind eye to it, and I do not only mean today! I know that you cannot control a lot of things, but the things you can. You turn a blind eye to all of it! Acting as if you do not see, then no one else does." She argues, her voice shaking from anger and tears.

"Jocelyn.." He whispers, making her heart hurt.

"For the sake of me, of our parents, fix it. Our sister's funeral should be one of mourning, not of Court gossip." She begs, "Say something to her. I beg of you, please. Please, Laenor.."

"I will try. But I cannot control⎯"

"Aegon kissed me, he would have done worse if we were not in front of his family. So I left, I left King's Landing. I took control of the things that I could." She snaps, "The least you can do is tell your wife to stop staring at Daemon with lust in her eyes! To save it for after the funeral!"

Glaring daggers at her older brother, she wanted him to argue back, to list all of the reasons as to why he had not done anything. She wanted to know why he was so desperate to make excuses for her. As to why he let it get this far⎯To get this bad. But, he doesn't speak up. It only worsens the anger inside of her. Why? Why? WHY?! What was he hiding? Why was he such a coward now? Clenching her jaw tightly, her eyes shift to the distant spec that was High Tide, so far away yet so close at the same time. It was late, she should get back. Licking her lips, Mor'du huffs loudly as she grasps onto the side of her saddle, signaling that she was ready to leave.

"If you do not do something, I will. And I promise you, I will not hold back." She warns, "I am tired of you allowing them to tarnish Laena's good name. I am tired of the gossip that floats in the air. Whispers like that should not surround Mother and Father, not at this time."

"Don't you dare⎯Do you have any idea what they would do? Of how they would react to you shouting insults at the Princess? Heir to the throne?!" He argues, shooting her a glare back.

"Let them be angry at me. Let them hate me. I do not care. What I care about is protecting Mother and Father from all of it. We owe it to them. We owe them a peaceful funeral." She argues, her voice harsher than before.

"I will talk to her." He relents, "I will see to it."

"Good." She states coldly.

Some of the weight on her shoulders loosens. Grabbing onto the leather handle straps, she pulls herself up, now sitting down on the saddle. Keeping eye contact with her brother, she gives him a warning look. She'd unleash hell if she had to, burn High Tide down to its very foundation if needed. Her parents deserve peace. They deserved a peaceful funeral. Laena deserved peace. Laena deserved to be put to rest in peace. Slipping on the waist belt of the saddle, she grips onto the handle straps, her jaw clenching tightly. 

"Sōvētēs. Sōvētēs aserī." She orders, her voice sharp and demanding. 

++++++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!