14.

"THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

"THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM.."

---¤𖠁¤---

SUNRISE, BLACKWATER BAY.

Holding onto Rhaena's hand, she stands silently at her side, letting her Uncle's words ring loudly in her mind. 'From the sea we came, to the sea we return.'  Shutting her eyes tightly, the loud crashing of Laena's casket fills the air, her Uncle's muttering a small prayer under his breath. It was over. It was finally over. Opening her eyes, she stares at the sinking casket, the carving of Laena's face disappearing into the dark waters. Letting out a small sigh, a weight lifting off of her shoulder.

Shifting her eyes from the choppy waters, she stares at Aemond and his family. There's a mix of sadness and disgust on their faces. Narrowing her eyes at the blatant look of disgust on Alicent's face, she follows her eyes to Rhaenyra's sons. Her mind drifts off to the conversation she had with Aemond that one night. Bastards. Hearing Rhaena let out a muffled sob, she turns to her niece, a look of pity on her face. No, her nieces needed comfort. She could ponder over her thoughts later.

"Do not cry, sweet Rhaena." She wipes the tears streaming down Rhaena's face, "Everything will be alright. I promise. We are here for you. We will always be here for you."

"I don't want to say goodbye. I am not ready yet." Rhaena whimpers, her bottom lip trembling.

"I know. I know that." She weakly smiles, "And no one expects you to move on quickly after this. Take as long as you need."

"I never got to say goodbye to her. If I had just⎯" Rhaena hiccups, snot running down her nose.

"No, none of this is your fault. None of this is your sister's fault. No one is to blame here. You did not know what would have happened, none of us knew that this would have happened. Do not let guilt bubble up inside of you, dear niece. Your Mother would not want you to blame yourself." She argues, cutting her off.

Tears continue to stream down Rhaena's face and her heart clenches at her tears, she looked so much like Laena. Her lips tremble, struggling to not let sobs escape. No. No. No. No. No, she had to be strong for her. For her parents. Brushing away a strand of hair that fell, Rhaena is desperately trying to hold back the tears in her eyes. Letting out a shaky breath, she could feel everyone's concerned looks on them, almost wondering if they'd collapse into tears.

Staring back at the crowd of mourners with a harsh glare, Rhaena sinks in on herself, trying to make herself look smaller. Watching Rhaena carefully, the younger girl hunches her shoulders forward, keeping her head low. She's trying her best to sink into her coat. Her heart clenches at the sight. She should not be shamed for mourning. Feeling the harshest stare come from her Uncle, she stares back at him with an equally icy glare, pulling Rhaena closer to her. 

"Come with me, Rhaena." She whispers, careful to not bring too much attention onto them.

"What?" Rhaena whispers, lifting her eyes.