5.

"WATCH YOUR TONGUE OR LOSE IT

"WATCH YOUR TONGUE OR LOSE IT..."

---¤𖠁¤---

No true Velaryon. They were no true Velaryon. Bastards. Bastards. Bastards. Bastards. Sinking further into her seat, she could feel all of their eyes zoning in on her, burning holes into her. She knew that she had made a mistake with questioning Laenor, but it just didn't make any sense and the way that he and Rhaenyra both tensed up before she even said anything. It's just that⎯It was odd. She didn't mean to cause any real trouble! She swears!

Hearing her Mother clear her throat loudly, she stands up straighter, her eyes still focused on the table. She didn't want to have to admit that she thought they were bastards. It was wrong, extremely wrong. Her even thinking that, was wrong. But, did they know? Did her parents know of her questioning Laenor? Did they know of what Uncle Vaemond was insinuating? Did they? Chewing on her bottom lip, a million different questions fill her head as her thoughts spiral.

"What's happened, my little zaldrīzes?" Her Mother questions, "Are you alright?"

"I⎯um⎯It's nothing.." She lies, reducing to lift her eyes up.

"Are you sure? You can tell us, my little zaldrīzes. We won't be upset with you."

"Are they..? Um, why don't I have brown hair?" She whispers, fiddling with her fingers.

Hearing her Father loudly choke on his wine, she flinches at the sound, her mind instantly clouding with all of the harsh comments he could hurl her way. Foolish girl! Brainless girl! No daughter of mine would ever say that! How dare you! How dare you insult your own house?! Insult your own brother?! Vile accusations! You can lose your tongue for this! No, you will lose your tongue for this!  But the comments never came, at least not towards her. Turning towards Uncle Vaemond, there was a dark kind of fury in her father's eyes. Like staring into the pit of a hurricane.

"What is this? Have you asked her to say this, Vaemond?" He hisses, "I know that she would never insinuate that on her own."

"No, it's just that..Forget it." She tries, but shame fills her.

"Do not blame me! I simply put things into perspective for her! You were the one after all who insisted that I teach her everything that is needed to know." Vaemond argues back.

What in the seven hells was she doing? Causing tension at what was supposed to be a peaceful dinner. Was she really going to insinuate that Princess Rhaenyra's children, Laenor's "sons", were bastards? Yes. Did she really just cause a fight between her parents and Uncle Vaemond? Yes, yes, she did. Sinking further into her seat, she scans around the room, hoping that someone would come and rescue her. A lord. A lady. Seven hells, she'd take a sewer rat even! Anyone who could get her far far far far away from here, from this argument!

Locking eyes with her brother, he doesn't bother to move, he just stays frozen in his seat. Staring back at her with wide eyes and a tightly clenched jaw. Great. Just bloody great! Was this her karma? Was this the Sevens revenge on her? Forced to sit through an argument that she started by being foolish enough to listen to her Uncle's rumors. Stupid stupid girl! Pulling her eyes away from her brother, she stares down at her plate, her shoulders hunched. Fiddling with her fingers, she picks at her nails, the skin around them already raw and sensitive.