10.

"THE DECISION TO LEAVE

"THE DECISION TO LEAVE.."

---¤𖠁¤---

Silently entering her parent's chamber, she locks the door, dragging a chair in front of the door. She wanted nothing to do with Aegon or any of them for the matter of fact. It was no wonder her Mother tried her best to avoid Aegon at any chance that she got. He was absolutely horrible. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. The worst. He was the worst kind of person on this planet. She just despised him with her entire being. He was a drunk and a pervert! And she fully believed any rumors or whispers of him being a rapist as well. He was definitely that type of person. She hated him! She despised him!

Stepping back from the door, she takes in her makeshift wall, it was terrible. But, it was enough to slow anyone attempting to break in. That was good enough for her or at least good enough for now. Kinda. Sort of. Not really. Feeling her parent's eyes on her, a thought suddenly pops up, what if she kept the fire poker under her pillow tonight? Or should she stay up as well? Pushing down the lump in her throat, the fear and paranoia of events at dinner still nipped at her. She could feel imaginary hands running up and down her body. The taste of his ale stained lips. The harshness of his nails in her cheek.

"Need to go. Not safe.." She mumbles under her breath, "Not safe..Not safe.."

"My little zaldrīzes, how was⎯" Her Mother questions, concern clear in her voice.

"Jocelyn? Darling? Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?" Her Father questions, but she ignores him too.

Mumbling nonsense under her breath, she was half tempted to bring Mor'du to the chamber, using the dragon as a guard while she slept. No. No. No. No. No. No. There was no use. He was far too big and not to mention, her parents wouldn't let her. Let alone entertain the idea. Settling on the fire poker, she scans the room looking for it, brows narrowed together in concentration.

"Where is it? Where is it?" She questions, muttering under her breath.

"Jocelyn Lyanna Velaryon! What the seven hells are you doing? It is late, you should be in bed." Her father bellows, annoyance clear in his voice.

"I am looking for the fire poker, where is it?" She mumbles, her focus on finding the damn thing.

"Jocelyn." Her Father repeats, "What is the matter of this?"

Aegon. Aegon. Aegon kissed her⎯He also touched her face and hair. But, that was all. The King put a stop before it could get worse. Aegon. Aegon. Aegon is the cause of all of this. He's the reason she's so scared. He was a Prince, someone who could get whatever his little heart desired with a snap of his fingers. She was just a Lady, not a Queen or a Princess. Just a Lady, Lady of the Tides, The last resort for heir of Driftmark. He could easily use that to his advantage⎯No, she did not want to think about it anymore.

Hearing her Father call her name once again, she freezes in place, her eyes shut tightly to hide the tears that threatened to fall. No. No. No, stop it! Pushing down the tears the best she could, her bottom lip trembles, the lump in her throat feeling heavier than ever. She wanted to go home and never return to the Red Keep or King's Landing ever again. She wanted to take Mor'du and fly far far away from Aegon. Opening her eyes, she looks at her Mother, a concerned look on her face.

"What happened at dinner, Jocelyn?" Her Mother asks, her voice calm but firm.

"Aegon⎯He⎯um, he kissed me and he touched me. I pushed him off and⎯He⎯The King put a stop to it before it could get any worse." She mumbles, "It was horrible. I don't think I ever want to eat with them again."

"Where did he touch you? Where exactly?"

"He kissed me and I pushed him off as soon as I could. He touched my hair and my chin. He didn't get very far." She explains, "I left as soon as he let me go. I didn't want to be there anymore."

"Oh my sweet girl, none of this is your fault, do you understand that? You did absolutely nothing wrong here. You didn't tempt him. You didn't do anything wrong." Her Mother explains, "He's the one at fault, no matter what kind of lies Otto Hightower tries to spew. Don't ever think that this is your fault."

"Rhaenys.."

Harshly wiping her eyes clean of tears, her Mother brushes her hair out of her face, fury burning in her eyes. Turning to her Father, his face is calm, but just like her Mother⎯his eyes are burning with fury. She didn't want them to cause a war between the two families. But, the thought of them willing to go that far for them was really heartwarming. She had thought that they would scold her for causing issues. But, they did not. Wiping her nose clean, there's a new kind of fury in her parents eyes, more specifically her Mother. It was the anger of a dragon. Beautiful and deadly.

"I will handle him." Her Mother states, her voice dangerously cold.

"Don't please. Please, I just wanna go home." She begs, "I just want to go home, Mama."

"Aegon needs to be held accountable, Jocelyn. I will not allow him to think he can get away⎯"

"Mother, please let the King deal with it. I don't want to be here any longer." Her eyes tear up, "I just want to go home. I want to go back to Driftmark. Father, please.."

"Rhaenys, my love, as much as I feel your anger and I want to seek justice out for our daughter. I do not wish to put her in any more distress. If she wishes to go home, we should listen. We should ask your cousin to handle it accordingly." Her Father cuts in, his voice low.

Yes. Yes. YES! This was exactly what she wanted to be done. She'd be the best daughter in all of the history of daughters if they did this! Looking from her Father to her Mother, she stares up at her, silently pleading with her Mother. Her Father seemed to agree with her, she just needed her Mother to agree. Staring up at her with the best puppy dog eyes she could muster, she was on the brink of dropping to her knees and begging. She'd do it in front of court if she has to.

Her Mother stares back at her, worried and uncertain on her face. Her bottom lip trembles at the sight, the look on her face shifting into pity. Pity for her. She didn't want pity, she wanted to go home. Letting out loud sob, she couldn't stay strong any longer, the dam inside of her just bursting into a pile of ash. She just wanted to go home. To have the Red Keep and King's Landing and Aegon and everything to nothing more than a faint memory. To be nothing more than a bad day in the past.

"Please, Mama. I want to go home. I want to go see Laena before her labors. Just take me home, please!" She rambles, "Just take me home! I'll do whatever you ask of me! P-Please!"

"My sweet sweet girl.." Her Mother whispers, her voice trembling with hurt.

"I can't stand to be here, Mama." She cries, more and more tears streaming down her face.

"Do not cry anymore, my sweet girl. We will leave in the morning. Sleep now." Her Mother soothes, "Do not cry, my sweet girl." 

++++++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!