"A Beautiful View"

Under the stars and under the moon
They sit together basking in the rays.
In the shine of the mellowing yellows
That are glowing from the onyx veiled
Skies. Holding hands, he turns to her.
She's expecting her moonlit kiss,
But after an elongated pause, this wasn't what she was expecting. He just stared.

Silently, he's appreciating all that embodies her. He's loving every aspect of her. By the minute, growing more and more captivated, allured, and enticed by what she has to offer...and what she has yet to discover from herself...

And as he stares, he begins to smile. A sincere smile. Of pure happiness. She was unsure what was happening in his mind, but her love for him, the way he looked at her made her smile in response. She never understood it though. She thinks of herself as nothing but a huge flaw. Constantly comparing herself to what she could've been. Instead of accepting herself for who she is.

Everything she does and sees in her reflection is far from golden. She saw rust...brown rough rust. Rust that's lasted years and is far from being polished to the platinum goodness that she so desires to be... Yet even through all these thoughts cascading her image...she finds him looking at her grinning subtly every now and then. That same stare he's giving now tonight.

He looks away, but his boyish smile is still there. Still emitting the joy it did moments before. And she is curious. Wishing that she could see life in his eyes. See herself in his light. So that she may see the beauty and radiance that she could never be able to notice about herself. She may never know...but one thing she does know is the love they have for each other is far beyond what they could ever understand. Even though she may not know her true beauty and accept herself...

He does.