Diagon Alley

Of course Harry Potter was going to get his own Hogwarts letter. There was no way in hell he wouldn't. But it was no shock to what extremities Harry's aunt and uncle would do to keep Harry's true identity a secret.

Romina paced back and forth in the living room, rambling to herself. As an eleven year old, she had quite an extensive vocabulary. "How dare the Dursleys think they can get away with it!? I should have told Harry the moment I got my letter! That's what I should have done! Yeah! I should have done some spell or something—"

"Romina Aline Oswell, would you quit your pacing? You're blocking the telly!" her aunt scolded and forced Romina to stop. Sitting on the couch, Sage motioned Romina to step aside and clear up the view. "Now, please, calm down."

"But I can't!" Romina slumped on a couch chair with the biggest frown on her face. "The Dursleys just took Harry away without saying a word!"

Sage scoffed, eyes glued to the television. "Doesn't surprise me. Those muggles have got to be the worst."

"But can they get away with that, auntie?" Romina's frown turned into a pout. "Can they really keep Harry away from Hogwarts? I mean...if he's really...Harry Potter...then...then is it legal?"

Sage lightly chuckled with her niece's antics. "Believe me, Romina. Albus Dumbledore probably had that boy's name signed onto the rosters long before any letter nonsense. He'll be there."

Romina wanted to believe just like her aunt but as the days went by and not a single word from Harry emerged, she began to lose faith. Eventually, it came time to finally purchase all her required school supplies, and even the prospect of finally meeting Diagon Alley wasn't enough to pull Romina from her deception.

Because their home was connected through the Floo Network, there was no need for the Oswells to go through the Leaky Cauldron to get to the famous alley. However, Romina's aunt and uncle did think it wise to inform Romina of the alternate entrance into Diagon Alley should there ever be a necessity.

Although Romina did her best to maintain her glumly attitude, she was awed to see Diagon Alley in the flesh. It was swarming with bustling witches and wizards, most of whom were bringing in their children for their school supplies. Romina released a light breath as she took it all in. Her eyes flickered from one shop to the next, finding the oddly named places...out of her knowledge. Though her lips did quirk into a smile when she caught sight of Gambol and Japes Jokeshop. She wondered how young wizards and witches pranked each other. She doubted it had to do with boring muggle whoopie cushions.

"Romina," Lyonel's voice snapped her from her thoughts, "Tell me again what you needed."

"Um..." Romina dug into her bright, red purse slung across her chest. She took out her Hogwarts letter and reread the necessities. "I need three sets of plain work robes—black of course. The hat...gloves..."

"Let's start with the robes," Lyonel suggested and with Sage on Romina's left, they headed for Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.

Romina felt like a child stuck between them. Of course maybe that was just part of the moody demeanor she was carrying with her. They entered the shop that was, surprisingly, empty. Romina figured perhaps most of the students had already stopped by earlier and she was, well, late. A woman, presumed to be Madam Malkin,greeted the family with a bright smile.

"Another of Hogwarts I assume?" She went straight for business. Her eyes trailed Romina for a moment, probably to imagine the size beforehand.

"First year," Sage explained proudly.

"Noticeable," Madame Malkin responded and Romina had an internal debate on whether or not she should feel offended. "Come here, sweetie," she called to the girl and went for a small, circular platform on the side.