Chapter 1: Harry gets a roomate

'She's always late! Why can't my goddam sister arrive at the discussed hour' said Harry who has been patiently waiting for his sister to come pick him up for nearly two hours. He was gonna be late, it was his first day and he was gonna be late and his roommate would get to pick a bed first and Harry was gonna get the shitty side of the room and his life would be completely ruined. He was mid rant when Gemma, Harry's sister, finally showed up In her ratchet-ass-car with her ratchet-ass-sense of time and her ratchet-ass-boyfriend who Harry suspects had something to do with with her tardiness .

"Took long enough!". There was not time for being polite , not when you've been waiting hours in the cold, empty street, Harry thought.
"Hello to you too stranger". Was all Gemma said, smirking as she unlocked the backseat door.
"You're two hours late Gemma, two fucking hours late! What were you thinking? What if some random man kidnapped me, raped me and sold my vital organs?!" Harry knew he was over reacting but hey!, he was entitled to do so.

"Easy, cupcake. Older man don't find you attractive enough to sell your vital organs". Said Henry, Gemma's boyfriend. "Perhaps your spleen, but definitely NOT your vital organs!". He and Gemma started laughing.
"Oh fuck off". Harry was simply not in the mood.
The rest of the trip was quiet, Gemma's ratchet-ass-car at least had a functional radio and they listened to The Beatles because that's the only thing the three of them could agree on.

Harry had never been so nervous in his life before. He was going to Uni, to freaking Uni! That meant he was an adult, maybe not emotionally but legally was one, although he definitely wasn't ready for it. The mere thought of sharing a room with a complete stranger freaked him out. He wasn't good with people, specially those whom he had never met before.
All of that worry could have easily been spared if Harry didn't have such a fuckup best friend. Zayn and Harry had been best mates since their mother's wombs, literally, they were conceived in the same night (the thought of it still made him shiver). They had gone to preschool together, spent their awkward puberty together and even shared a boyfriend once! It all seemed to aim that they would be sharing a room at Uni as well, if it hadn't been for Zayn's "urge for adventure and wanting to socialize more", bullshit on that! They didn't need new people, Harry didn't want to learn someone else's habits and he definitely he didn't want to be away from Zayn, everything was so overwhelming as it was and Zayn had to do that to him...
Nevertheless, Harry had forgiven Zayn for his betrayal and Zayn had promised that they would always eat breakfast together, he had even gotten a room in the same building as Harry's.
"We're half an hour from there" Gemma announced as she turned a street.

Half an hour from his new life, Harry thought. He wondered what his roommate was gonna be like. What if they didn't get along, what if they hated each other? Harry's only friend had always been Zayn, he never hanged out with someone else, he didn't know how to interact with others, he didn't know how to create inside jokes with another person... "This is going to be fucking hard", he thought.

Finally they reached campus, Harry stared at the buildings outside the window, it was really big, and crowded, and new, and unknown... People were running, unpacking, talking to their friends, drinking coffee, taking pictures. They had someone to do that with them, Harry had only his sister and her unbearable boyfriend, they would most likely help him carry his stuff to his room, but nothing more.

Gemma parked in the only available spot and together, the three of them carried Harry's boxes upstairs. Harry's room was in the fifth floor and the elevator was out of order so they had to take several trips to the car until every box was inside the apartment. Harry's roommate was nowhere to be seen (there's a silver lining, Harry thought) so he was able to choose his bed, the one next to the window, Harry like watching the sky.
"Okay, that's it!" Gemma said clapping her hands to get everybody's attention. "So..."
"So..." Harry continued after an awkward pause. "I guess this is it" was all he said.
"Yeap, this is it. Be careful Harry" Gemma said, and she seemed genuine. It was an odd thing when they shared a moment, they weren't the most particularly affective siblings. "I'm going to miss you, mom will too"
"I'm gonna miss you guys too". They gave each other an awkward and weirdly pleasant hug, and with that, Gemma and Henry left (Henry had just said "Try not to get herpes" and gave Harry a hi-5).

He was alone in his room. This was his home now, the place where he would spend most of his time... it wasn't so bad, the beds were at an reasonable distance and there was plenty of space in his closet. There was only one bathroom so he would have to share, he had never shared a bathroom, except when he and Zayn had sleepovers.
Harry's phone began to ring. Speak of the devil...
"What's up bitch!" Zayn's voice yelled at him. "Are you there yet?"
"Hey Judas, yes I was just about to start unpacking..." Harry said bitterly. Maybe he hadn't forgiven Zayn after all.

"Get over it curly!" Zayn said like it was no big deal. "I'm just arriving, my stupid cousin had the wrong address so we ended up at the other side of campus! We had to walk all the way here!"
"Sounds like payback's a bitch"
"C'mon Harry, stop giving me such a hard time" Zayn pleaded. "This is good for us! It's healthy"
"I don't want to be healthy" Harry said, he could feel his eyes start to glisten. "I want to feel safe and not like I'm gonna die at any minute".
"Oh Harry..." Zayn sighed, "Look, I know this is difficult for you, you've always been really reserved and shy, but trust me on this one, it will really help you understand the real world! And besides, it's not like we're never seeing each other again, we are only two floors apart, you can come visit any time you want"
"Does that mean you're not visiting me?" Harry started to panic, he hated when this happened, he would be without air at any minute.
"Woah, I never said that Harry, I'm not the best best friend, but I'm not terrible alright?" Zayn chuckled, that made Harry smile a bit. "Look, I gotta carry my stuff upstairs, but I soon as I'm done I'll go to your room" he said with reassurance, "417 right?"
"Right" Harry answered, "Don't forget about me Zayn. Please don't" He felt so stupid right now, like he was a little boy who needed his mommy. But he really loved his friend, he was the only one he had.
"How could you say that curly? You're my best mate. I've seen you shit! I could never forget about you!" That made Harry laugh out loud, and it felt nice to do it, maybe he could relax a bit, maybe. "See ya later Haz".
"Bye Zayn".

Thirty minutes later and Harry had finished unpacking, his clothes were all hanging in the closest and his underwear in the drawers. His desk had a photo of him with his family and other one with Zayn. harry still remembered that day, it was the best day of his life. he and Zayn had been 15, and Zayn wanted to go skydiving, of course he dragged Harry with him, but they needed to be 18+ or have a parent's permission, so they ended up chillin at the park all day, eating icecream and confessing all their dirty secrets. That had been the day when Harry had told Zayn he was gay. He wasn't scared though, he knew Zayn wouldn't judge him, specially when Zayn told him he was gay as well. They had laughed all day and promised they would never ever stop being best friends. Harry hoped Zayn still remembered that day.
"Hey there stranger" Someone said behind Harry. He jumped and made an embarrassing inhuman sound. Harry had been so lost in thought he hadn't heard the door open.

He turned around and saw what could only be the hottest guy he had even seen, or an angel. The guy was tanned, he had brown feathery messy hair, and the bluest eyes ever. He was shorter than Harry but that only made him cuter. And he was stylish too, cool stylish, not preppy stylish. He was wearing a black tanktop with black skinny jeans (they were so so tight) and red vans.
"Maybe you should take a picture, it'll last longer" The stranger said, that brought harry back to reality. He felt his cheek redden, so he had actually been staring, and his mouth had been slightly opened, he realized. Great..
"Uhmmm, sorry I just.. You... Uhmmm... yeah." Was all Harry managed to say.

"So eloquent" The guy said as he laughed and started unpacking. Harry couldn't help but check his ass... Jesus Christ, this could NOT be his roommate for fucks sakes.
"Are you my roommate?" What a stupid question, of course he's your roommate.
"So observant as well" The angel(guy) laughed (angelic laughter). "I'm Louis, Louis Tomlinson" he turned around and offered Harry his hand.
"I'm Harry Styles, nice to meet you" they shook hands and Harry's palm was so sweaty his cheeks started burning again.
"You're really shy aren't you?" Louis asked
"Ehmm... I guess you could say that"
"Well don't be, I don't bite" Louis said. "Unless I want to" He said and Harry could have sworn he saw him wink.
This was gonna be a very, very, interesting year...