Chapter 7:Harry makes an unlikely new friend

College life was going better than expected. At first, things were shitty enough to make Harry want to quit for real. But then, as Harry met Liam, everything started to get better. Harry wasn't alone anymore, he missed Zayn of course, but Harry realized that maybe having just one friend your entire life was a bit draining, and that they probably needed some space. So, Zayn got the blond slut, or Niall whatever his name is... And Harry got the sexy brunnette. Although, technically Harry hadn't "got" anyone, he just made a new friend.

Not everything got better though. After the improvised sleepover in Liam's place, Harry had returned to his dorm only to find it completely trashed. The beds were almost in pieces (Louis' bed was completely broken!), clothes were tossed around everywhere on the floor, and there was an unknown substance on the walls, at this point Harry was afraid to ask and honestly, he didn't even wanna know.

Louis was nowhere to be found and Harry was on the verge of spontaneously combusting of pure rage.
"WHAT. THE. FUCK?!" Harry always talked (screamed) to himself when he was angry, "WHO FUCKING DOES THIS! THIS IS SO IRRESPONSIBLE, LOOKS LIKE A GODDAMN CUM-FILLED TORNADO WENT THROUGH. FUCKING DISGUSTING PIECE OF SHIT, WHEN HE COMES BACK I'M GONNA KILL HIM! I'M GONNA FUCKING SHO-
"Show me what Curly?"

Harry needed to put that boy a freaking bell 'cause he never heard him coming. Louis was standing behind Harry, leaning on the doorway with a smug look on his face, like he was proud of his own debauchery.
Harry only stared back at him, too angry and embarrassed to even speak. So he grabbed his backpack again and stormed out the room, pushing Louis out the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry needed to calm down, and the only way to do that was to get a cup of tea, so he rambled around campus until he found a tea room called "Anteaques". It was the most perfect place Harry had ever seen in his entire life. The shopwindow was the definition of vintage, with a decayed blue background, and walls so pretty, Harry was resisting the urge to caress it. He immediately stepped inside the tearoom, only to be astonished one more time, not just by sight but by scent as well. It was indescribable, the perfect combination between sweet and sour. The smell of fresh-baked pastries and recently-boiled beverages made his insides cry out, and the cute little tables with dried roses as a centerpiece were just the icing on the cake.

This was just what Harry needed, and as his eyes kept exploring the room he realized it was also a bookshop. Harry couldn't believe what he was seeing! Perhaps he had died and this was his personal heaven.
Harry walked to the counter, where a pretty looking girl smiled at him

"Good morning, want to try our new orange spiced tea?" The girl asked, she had a strong South Shields accent, and she spoke like she was a straight up a Disney character.
"Oh... Yeah that sounds lovely" Harry answered.
"Great, and to eat would you like to try our new peanut covered biscuits?" She continued asking as she typed in the cash register Harry's order.
"Ummm.. I'm kind of allergic to peanuts so I'll just take a brownie" Harry said sheepishly.
"Oh, that's okay sweetie" The girl said, "One orange spiced tea and a brownie!" She screamed at whom Harry suspected was on the back of the shop making the goodies. "That'll be $5.99"
Harry payed the girl and while he was waiting for his tea he browsed the entire place, going straight up to the books. They mainly had classics, Harry wasn't the biggest classic fan but he had always wanted to read To Kill a Mockingbird, he checked the price, it was $10.99. Perfect.

"Excuse me..." Harry was back where the girl and the cash register were. "I'll take this as well"
Book bought and tea served, Harry sat down on one of the sofas on the back of the shop. They were cozy and fluffy. Coming inside this shop was the best idea Harry had had in a long time.
The doorbell rang as someone stepped inside the shop, and before Harry realized he was being tackled to the ground.

"What th-
"CURLY PLEASE PLEASE FORGIVE ME!"
"Get off me yo-
"NOT UNTIL YOU FORGIVE ME!"
"Louis just get off!"
"I said forgive me!"
"You can't just force people to forgive you!"
"I can and I will, or else you'll die suffocated"
"Fine I forgive you just go away!"
Louis stood up, straightening up his hair. Harry wasn't sure what was going on, but he was glad the tea and the book had been on the table in front of him when Louis tacked him, otherwise they'd be ruined.
"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" Harry asked, annoyed but mostly surprised.
"I followed you" Louis said proudly, "And I waited until I could catch you off guard" He said as he sat down beside Harry.

"Well, you lost your time" Harry said as he got up, "I'm leaving"
"Woah wait Harry!" Louis said, was that panic in his voice Harry detected. "I am truly sorry, please let me explain!"
"Explain what? How you turned our room into a freaking brothel?!" Harry was really trying to not raise his voice. Where had all this courage come from?
"Please" Louis pleaded, Harry wasn't sure what it was, maybe his eyes, or the stupid pout he was making, of the fact that he looked to beautiful doing so. But Harry sat down again, arms crossed and frown at the ready.
"Look, I know what you must think of me right now" Louis started.

"You have NO IDEA how little I think of you" Harry interrupted angrily. Damn, he was on fire today!
"I'm a mess, I know" All joke and messing around had disappeared from Louis' voice, "And I'm a slut also, you don't need to put that out there"
"I wasn't goi-
"Jeez Curly would you shut up and let me talk?!"
Harry shut up.

"I'm not the best of roommates, and I suck at making real friends. But you look like a nice guy, and I really really want to create some sort of bond with you, I don't know why but I have this feeling that we were meant to meet. And I screw up everytime this feeling comes, but I don't want to screw up with you. You're probably thinking "What a load of bullshit" (Harry was thinking that), or "We don't even know each other" (Harry was also thinking that), but I don't know... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to get to know you. and that I'm sorry".
And silence...

It was amazing how Harry's hands could touch each other at such incredibly slow pace...
"Please say something" Louis said quietly, looking at the floor. Harry had never seen Louis like that, most of the times he was drunk and loud, or ignoring Harry even when they were in the same room. And now, as crazy as it might sound, Harry believed this was a heartfelt apology.

"I guess we could try to be friends.." Harry said softly.
Louis eyes found Harry's and before he knew it, he was tackling him again, this time ruffling Harry's hair in the process.

Maybe Louis wasn't so bad after all.