Chapter 9: When louis meets someone new

"Are you sure you don't want to stay the night?" Liam asked, failing to hide the worry on his voice.
"I'll be fine, thank Li!" Harry answered truthfully. He had decided not to let Louis affect him in such a deep way anymore, it was not healthy nor productive.
Harry took the long way home, he still needed to clear some things. First, a checklist of things he wouldn't do:
a) Crush on Louis.
b) Think about Louis in more than a friendly way.
c) Stare at Louis.
d) Talk about Louis.
After sorting out his priorities, he decided to make a list about things he NEEDED to do:
a) Look for Zayn.
b) Apologize to Zayn.
c) Be Zayn's best friend again.
So, instead of stopping at the second floor of his building (which was the floor with Harry's room), he kept climbing up the stairs until the fourth floor (which was Zayn's floor).

417, 417... Where was room 417?
"Excuse me" Harry asked a girl who was conveniently going out of her room, "do you know where room 417 is?"
"Everyone knows where it is" The girl said as she giggled, which was odd for Harry. He didn't find that statement to be that funny... "At the end of the hallway, turn right, first door on the left!" She signaled.
"Thank you" Harry said politely as he followed the girl's instructions.

Harry had never felt his feet as heavy as he felt them now, his throat was drying by the second, and his hands got all sweaty. Why was he so nervous?, Zayn would understand, he would forgive Harry...
Zayn probably already hates him, what was Harry thinking?

He stopped. He couldn't breathe. Room 415. It was too late, he was too close and too far away at the same time. Harry's heart was racing fast, too fast.
"He... help" He tried to say, but it merely came out as a whisper.

His chest was pounding, he couldn't catch a single breath, he felt lightheaded and faint. A piercing and high pitch sound flooded his ears, all he could do was cover his ears with his hands. Harry leaned on something (at this point he didn't know if it was something or someone). Harry was hot, or at least he felt really hot, his skin was going to burst into flames at any second!
This is why nobody really liked him, he was weird. He could be fine, and the next second he would be on the floor sobbing. The tears started to pour, Harry couldn't help it, he just cried and cried and cried, his eyes never seeming to dry out.

Pathetic, that's what he was.
His breathing became faster, if that was even possible. And suddenly, his vision started to fade, black and white spots forming out of nowhere.
The last thing harry remembered was a pair of blue spots between the darkness that finally overcame him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was lying on the bed, Calvin was taking a well deserved shower. Boy that guy knew how to deliver! Louis got excited just thinking about what they had been doing before. But it was getting late, Louis had already hit it, so he now had to quit it.
"See ya later mate!" He screamed as he got dressed and he didn't stay to figure out if Calvin had heard him or not.

All Louis was thinking about was just how tired he was! In the emotional sense of the word. He was tired of acting like he didn't care, when all he EVER did was care...

But the walls needed to remain standing, it was dangerous to let his guards down, specially when it came to a certain curly subject.
"He...help"
Louis stopped. Was he hearing voices?
Nope, that was definitely the sound of someone falling to the ground. And those were definitely the noises of sobbing. Just keep walking Louis, it's probably a drunk girl trying to open her door.

But what if someone needed real help?
Louis followed the sound of uncontrolled sobbs, they seem to come from the end of the hallway so he kept walking and the sobs were becoming louder and more distinguishable.

He turned right and he was expecting everything but what he actually saw.
He saw Harry.
Harry was sobbing.
He was on the ground.
And he was having trouble breathing.
Louis ran towards him, turning him so he could face him.
"Harry, look at me"
Harry was too disoriented, too lost. Louis grabbed his face with both of his hands, and he leaned closer, trying to get his attention.

"Harry please look at me"
Harry stared at him, looking straight into his eyes, or maybe he stared at something beyond him, or he stared at nothing in particular. His eyes began to flutter, and before Louis could say anything else, Harry became limp on his arms, fainting.

ouis panicked, what was he supposed to do?!
"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!" Louis screamed, to scared to do something more useful. "PLEASE! HELP US!" Louis grabbed Harry's body, placing him against his body, trying his best to make him comfortable, his arms snaking around Harry's limp and empty body. Was he breathing? Louis couldn't tell, which made him panic even worse. WHAT WAS GOING ON?!

Just as Louis was about to scream again, a door open, and two guys came out running. One, a dark-skinned, black-haired dude wearing nothing else than his underwear, and the other one, pale and blond, also on his underwear but he was wearing a hoodie. The dark-skinned one's eyes widened and he stopped for a split second, but then he hurried the other one and told him to call for an ambulance.

"What happened? Is he okay?"
"I don't know, I found him like this!"
"Do you know him?"
"Yeah, he's my roommate" Louis paused for a moment, then added, "and my friend".
"We need to cool him. Do you have any water?"
"How.. how do you know, shouldn't we wai-
"Look, he needs to freshen up, do you have water or not?" The guy asked rudely as he kneeled besides Louis and touched Harry's forehead.
"Are you a fucking doctor then?!" Louis spat out.
"I'M HIS FUCKING BEST FRIEND I KNOW WHAT TO DO ALRIGHT?"

Louis remained silent, he pressed Harry tighter against his body, and he thought he felt him move, but Harry was still as a stick.
In what felt like hours but were actually minutes, two paramedics arrived and started doing paramedic-y things. A red haired lady asked:
"Could you please tell me what happened"
"I- I don't know I fou-
"He had a panic attack" Harry's "best friend" interrupted, "he used to have them all the time, but they stopped a few years ago, I don't know why it just happened" He said as he glared at Louis like it was his fault.
"Okay, we'll take him to the campus hospital but he'll be alright!" The lady said.

"Can I- can we come with him?" Louis asked, he was trying really hard to be polite to this so-called "friend".
"I'm sorry, only family members can accompany him" she said with a sympathetic smile, "but you can stay on the waiting room!"

The paramedics took Harry after reassuring Louis that he would be okay. And after all that bustle, the only ones remaining on that hallway were the best friend, the blond one and Louis. Talk about awkward...
"Look, I'm sorry for the way I acted" Louis said to the dark-skinned guy, "I was just really worried and well, you're a stranger to me"
"No need for that, I was a dick as well" the guy said, "I was worried too you know"
"All cool bro" Louis said, extending his hand. The guy shook it. "I'm Louis, by the way"
"Zayn" he replied.

"And I'm Niall, not that anyone asked" The blond guy (Niall) said, which made Louis smirk.
"We should head to the hospital, Ni, get us a cab will ya?" Zayn said, making puppy eyes at Niall. Gross.
"Not your fucking slave ya cunt!" Niall gracefully replied as he pulled out his cellphone and dialled a cab.
This was going to be a long night.