Chapter 12:When the lights go out

The day after the party Harry was still trying to comprehend Louis' behavior, it was as if he knew something he wasn't supposed to know because Louis was acting completely strange towards Harry. It was like they barely knew each other...
On second thought, they BARELY knew each other! It was weird considering the amount of time they spent together... Harry was desperate to know more, to feel more like a friend and less like an outsider.

In the evening after his classes were done, Harry was happily realizing that he had no homework to do, his exams were due in two weeks and his professors were apparently feeling sympathetic towards the students because everyone was free that night.

Zayn had called Harry to see if he wanted to go a frat house party with him and Niall but Harry wasn't in the mood for 'partying' or as he liked to call it: being left alone in the corner waiting for Zayn to be done. He loved the guy but seriously, who went out as often as he did?!
Anyways, he decided to go back to his dorm, put on some comfy pajamas and watch Harry Potter because honestly, was there anything better to do on a Friday night?

When he arrived at his room he was surprised to find Louis there, he assumed he would be with Zayn getting ready to party but as he stepped inside he realized he was not going out, in fact he was already in his pajamas and seemed to be writing something in a notebook.

"Oh... This is unexpected!" said Harry truthfully.
Louis appeared to be startled by the sound of Harry's voice because he jumped and his little toe banged the foot of his bed with a loud thump! Causing Louis to swear loudly.

"Shit! Knock would you?!" he spat angrily at Harry
"Well you're one to talk!" said Harry shy but slightly amused. "Sorry about it" he quickly added as he read the expression on Louis' face, a weird expression, the kind people made when they were caught doing something they weren't supposed to be doing. But Harry's curiosity won and he asked "What were you doing?"
"Nothing important" said Louis dismissively while he put the notebook, which he was clearly writing on 2 seconds before, under his pillow, as if hoping Harry hadn't seen. But Harry had seen.

"You were writing" he said more than asked, "I didn't know you liked to write..."
"Who said anything about writing?" asked Louis in his failed attempt to conceal his previous actions.
"C'mon mate! I saw you" said Harry laughing, he was sitting on his bed now, amused at this little argument. "Were you writing a love letter?"

"Piss off" was all Louis said.
"Fine, don't tell me!" Harry added, "but know that if you don't, I'm not letting you join my Potter night!"
At this statement Louis started to laugh hysterically! What Harry said wasn't remotely funny and he was actually being serious!

"I'm sorry! Did you actually said 'Potter night'?" Louis managed to say between laughter.
"Yeah" answered Harry defensively, "I don't see what's so funny about that!"
"It's a friday night you idiot!"
"You're the one who's already in PJs!" said Harry
"That's only because it's 7pm and too early to go out, the good stuff starts at midnight you idiot!" Louis said a bit harshly.

His words stung, Harry didn't like being called an idiot, he had been called that enough times in his life already. Without any further words he got up from his bed, grabbed his pajamas and went into the bathroom to change (he was never comfortable changing in front of anyone, not even Zayn)

What was Louis' problem? It wasn't like Harry was overreacting, Louis had definitely aimed those words specifically at him, Harry was sure of it! Stepping out of the bathroom and ignoring Louis completely he grabbed his laptop, headphones and a snack and started to set up his movie. What did he care if Louis thought he was lame?! He was happy watching his favorite film!
As he was searching the movie in his laptop, he felt his headphones leaving him.