Chapter 10: When harry chages his mind

There was a beeping sound, the smell of sterile in the air made Harry feel weird. He opened his eyes and everything was too white, too bright.

Where" Harry cleared his throat, it felt hoarse and dry. "Where am I?"
He tried to sit down, but in less that a second, a pair of hand were pinning him down lo the bed again.
"Woah, easy there big guy! You need to rest!"
"Louis? Why are you here" Harry asked confused, "Why am I here?"

"You, ehmm... You had a panic attack or something, I'm not sure" Louis said uncomfortably, "I was the one who found you"
Shame. That was all Harry felt. Shame and a little bit of happiness.. Louis had found him, and he had taken care of him. No, Harry wasn't supposed to care. Instead of thanking Louis (as he should have), he asked:
"What were you doing there?"
"Where?" Louis asked confused.
"I was visiting a friend of mine on the fourth floor, what were you doing there?" Harry repeated with more nastiness than he should've
"I was..." Louis started playing with his hands, "well you know, jus-

Louis never had a chance to finish, he was interrupted by the door opening and next thing he knew, Harry was being tackled by a pair of tattooed arms.
"Harryyou'reawakeI'msohappyyou'reokayIwasdyingandImissedyousomuchI'vebeenatotalarseIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou!" Zayn spat out the words so rapidly Harry barely understood a word.

"Zayn, you're here!" Harry said cheerfully. Zayn was here, hugging him, and apologizing!
"Oh Harry! What were you thinking!" Zayn said as he hugged him again.

I never choose when to collapse you know?" Harry answered, failing to hide his smile.
"I think I'll get going then, I seem to have lost my usefulness here" Louis said, he was still standing across the room, arms folded and a foul look on his face. Was he like... Jealous? No, of course he wasn't, he probably was bored to death.

"Nonsense mate!" said, to Harry's surprise, Zayn. "You're staying until Harry gets dismissed, then we're all going for a big-ass lunch! my treat!"
"Wait, you guys know each other?" Harry asked surprised.
"I wish we would've met under different circumstances but yeah, he's the guy who saved my best friend" Zayn said.
No.
No.
Zayn was not crushing on Louis.
He couldn't possibly do that.
It was a good thing Harry didn't care. he didn't care AT ALL!

"Alright lads I talked to the nurse and she said Harry's being dismissed at 11 so we can all go-"
The blond whore a.k.a Zayn's booty call a.k.a Niall walked in, Harry got really uncomfortable and Zayn seemed to notice because he started looking at the ground like it was the most interesting thing he had ever seen.

"Oh" Niall continued, "You're awake now. Perfect!" he said as he entered the room. "Ya gave us quite a scare huh, ya wanker!"
"What he's really trying to say is that" Zayn quickly added, "is that he's glad you're okay!"
Louis stayed, obliged by Zayn, And after a couple of minutes a nurse arrived, telling Harry that he was free to go, and that he needed to continue taking his anxiety pills (which made Harry really upset because he thought he didn't need those pills anymore). Louis had brought him clean clothes and had already called Liam to tell him everything and to have lunch ready because all of them were starving!

Zayn and Niall waited for the cab to arrive, which left Louis and Harry alone in the room, and the awkwardness was through the roof.

"For a second" Louis broke the silence, "I got really scared Harry". His voice was soft, like he was afraid someone might hear him, like he was afraid of hearing himself.

You should've told me you had this panic attacks" He continued, "When I saw you on the floor I nearly had a panic attack myself!"
"I'm sorry" Harry said. Louis looked at him for the first time since they had been alone. He eyes were wet, and his nose a little red. Was he.... crying?
"Louis, are you alright?" Harry asked, and Louis denied with his head. He sat down on the bed beside Harry, and started sobbing for real this time. Harry was confused, so he did nothing. he just waited.

And waited.

And waited...

"I left you Harry!" Louis' finally exclaimed, "I left you and I went to have sex with a guy I barely knew!"

Okay, Harry didn't expect that.

"It's just what I do, I create something real with someone and then I push them away!" Louis said as he whipped again, "I did it with Liam, and now I'm doing it with you!"

Harry didn't know what to say, he was never good when people started crying next to him. The nice thing to do seemed to tell Louis everything was fine, but the words wouldn't come out, so Harry decided to rub Louis back. Maybe that relaxed him...

Only that when Louis felt Harry's hand on his back he started sobbing even louder!
"You are such a *hiccup* good person Harry!" Louis stated, his voice was high pitched and kind of sore, "I don't deserve a friend like you. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry!"

Harry had convinced himself the night before that he didn't care about Louis at all, that Louis was irrelevant in his life and that he wouldn't pay attention to whatever crap he was doing. But seeing him like this, all sad and vulnerable made Harry re-think his decision.
What kind of person would Harry be if he stopped caring about others? Even if that meant to not care about himself...

Maybe all Louis needed was a friend, someone who understood him and saw the weird, embarrassing bits of his life and still wanted to be his friend.
Harry was going to be that, he would be the one to give Louis that ray of happiness he obviously needed, without the implication of sex.

Because that's what friends are supposed to do, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived at Liam's, Louis was himself again, he was even making silly jokes with Niall who apparently, laughed at everyONE and everyTHING! Harry was quiet, and so was Zayn, but it was a good kind of quiet, like, comfortable quiet. Neither of them needed to say anything and that was okay.

Liam's apartment seemed huge to Harry when he was there the first time, but now that there were five guys inside of it, the room seemed to shrink. Some were sitting on the floor, Zayn begged Harry to go to bed but Harry flatly refused, assuring Zayn (and maybe also to Liam) that everything was fine. So instead of feeding the awkward silence that seemed to follow Harry everywhere he went, they decided to watch a movie.
A scary movie.

Because Niall picked it, and Niall's a dick!
"Fuck you, and fuck your scary movies!" Louis told Niall. They appeared to be getting along really well...
"Fuck off mate! Ya' know ya' love this, stop being such a pussy!" Niall replied as he searched on Netflix for something "worth watching" (Niall's words, not Harry's)
"We could watch The Notebook instead" Liam suggested
"Never seen it" Harry said, "And frankly I never want to see it, too cheesy!" "But Ryan Gosling's there... shirtless" Zayn said, using the same argument he had always used to try and convince Harry to watch it.
"Zayn, you know I don't like Ryan Gosling. His face is weird"
"True" Louis agreed

An hour passed, or so it seemed like, before Niall decided the movie. Why was picking a movie on Netflix so hard?!, He finally chose 'The Grudge', a weird, creepy, not really fun Japanese movie. Harry decided it wasn't worth it, so he started to doze off, his eyes closing and head nodding in a failed attempt to stay awake. His head finally found something comfortable to rest in, so Harry gave in to the slumber...