Chapter 2: Harry becoms a hermit

A week had passed since Harry first arrived at Uni, his classes were beginning today and to say Harry was excited was an understatement. English Literature was all he ever wanted to study, he loved to read and to write (cue embarrassing star trek fan fiction between Spock and Kirk). He was really nervous but his nervousness had nothing to do with his first class as a University student. He was going to interact with other people, and he hated other people.

Things had been easy the past week, he stayed in his room most of the time and his roommate, Louis, was almost never there. Harry only left his bed if that meant he would go visit Zayn, and that only happened when Zayn's roommate was gone, because Harry didn't want to talk with someone else.

"You're becoming a hermit curly!" Zayn had said when Harry told him he barely left his room.
"Don't be dramatic" Harry said with an exasperated tone, "I just don't like the company of strange people".
"And that's basically the definition of hermit Harry"
"Why can't you be my roommate?"
"Because then you'd be literally a hermit"
"Did you just used the word 'literally' correctly?"
"Piss off".

Now Harry was walking towards his first lecture and his hands were all sweaty, his legs hurt (he really needed to start working out) and the anxiety had started to kick in. 'Why do I have to be such a pussy', Harry thought. He wished he was like Zayn, cool and mysterious. Or maybe he could be like Louis; crazy, outgoing and loud.
Louis, Harry's roommate, was really something. After their first awkward encounter, they had barely spoken, but Harry could already tell the kind of person Louis was. Louis had been most likely partying the whole week, he always came back at 2-3 in the morning smelling like cat piss and sewer. He had vomited twice, once at the feet of Harry's bed and the other on the bathroom sink. He had apologized the next day but Harry only shrugged his shoulders and told him it was no big deal even though it clearly was.

Nevertheless, there was something intriguing about the way Louis carried himself, all confident and always smiling, trying to make small talk with Harry and still smiling after he failed. Something inside Harry wanted to reach out for him, to become his friend and go partying all night with him, but then, the rational part of Harry's brain told him he already had Zayn, and that he didn't need to go out at night.
As Harry arrived at the classroom of his first class, Fiction Writing, he noticed it was not as crowded as he thought it would be, there were maybe 30-35 people there, so Harry chose a sit in the middle and secretly hoped no one would sit beside him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How did your first lesson go?"
"Uhmmm... sorry?" Harry was back in his room, and Louis was there as well, which was weird and uncomfortable, he had gotten used to the solitude of his everyday.
"Today was your first lecture" Louis said more than asked. "So how did it go?"
"How... How do you know it was my first lecture?" Harry asked, suspicious. That guy had no business knowing Harry's schedule.
"Well, since it's obvious you weren't talking to me, I had to resort to my secret contacts to know who you were" Louis said, grinning like always. "I had to be sure you weren't a serial killer or a rapist"
"I'm not a serial killer. Neither a rapist"
"Well you could have said so earlier Curly! Now I can finally sleep here"
"What did you call me?" Only Zayn had ever called him Curly.
"Curly. You're really curly, and I can't remember your name"
Well that was embarrassing. "My name's Harry"
"HARRY!" Louis screamed and threw himself over Harry, the bed made a loud crack and Harry could have sworn it broke in half.
Harry wasn't used to physical contact, not even with Zayn. So, as Louis kept hugging him, Harry's arms stayed glued to his side, and Louis clearly felt the awkwardness of the moment ('Why do I make every situation so awkward') and got up. He was still smiling though.

"You didn't answer my question Harry" Louis said, hand on one hip and eyes playfully looking at Harry.
"What question?"
"How did your first lecture go?" Louis said slowly, as if Harry was a little babe.
"It went well" Was all Harry said. "Why do you care?"
"Woah, Curly!" Louis raised his hands as if he were surrendering. "There's no need for harsh words".
Louis started taking off his shirt and walked toward his closet. Harry couldn't help but stare at Louis' bare back. He was fit, really fucking fit. And tanned, and well... Louis was hot. Extremely fucking-greek-god hot. He grabbed a t-shirt and slung it over his shoulder as he turned around once again, just to catch a wide-eyed Harry.
"Jesus Curly I know I'm hot but stop with the staring, it's freaking me out" With that he put on his shirt and grabbed his wallet from his desk.
Harry mouthed a barely audible "Sorry" and his phone started ringing. 'THANK GOD' Harry thought. He checked the screen, it was Zayn.
"Hey you!" Zayn said through the speaker.
"Hi"
"Watcha doinnnnnng"
"Emmm, I'm in my room" Zayn must be high. "Are you high?" Harry asked, and Louis seemed to be spying on their conversation so he sat on his bed and pretended he was playing on his phone.
"Bitch I might beee" Zayn started to giggle (Zayn giggled!). "Come over, I miss you"
"I'm not coming over" Harry said sternly, he didn't like it when Zayn smoked. "Who gave you the weed Zayn?" He asked. Well, he demanded.
"My roomieeeeeee! He's the coolest. You have to meet him. I'm going now, nice talking to you Hazzzzzzrollddd"
"Zayn don't you dare hang up on-" The line went dead. Fuck.

'Why does he have to do that?' Harry thought, but he must have been thinking out loud because Louis then asked:
"Boyfriend drama?"
Harry choked. "What?!. No! He's not my boyfriend, I- I don't have a b-boyfriend. Why would you-"
Louis cut him off. "Okay okay he's not your boyfriend I get it. But you do fancy him right?"
"Gods no! He's my best friend" Harry said blushing. Zayn was definitely hot, but he was not his type.
"Oh... I thought he was your boyfriend because you seemed really worried about him"
"Yeah, because he's my best friend"
"Okay..." Louis said raising his hands once again. "So I'm going to my mate's building..."
Finally, Harry thought. He was going to be alone at last.
"Wanna come?" Louis asked. That took Harry by surprise, no one ever invited him to hang out.
"Emmm.. Thanks" Should he go? Zayn said it was healthy to be with other people, and Harry didn't want to become a hermit. But still... "But no, I think I have a headache so I'm gonna stay here for a while". Bullshit excuse.

"Oh. See you later I guess?" Was it just Harry, or did Louis sound disappointed?
"Yeah".
Why did Harry rejected such a good opportunity? He didn't even know. But that's what he always did, that's why he was always lonely, that's why he would be eating lunch alone today. And tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow.
'I'm a pusher, I always have been and I always will be' Harry thought, 'It's just what I do. I push people away because I'm to worried that they'll push me away. And it all becomes a vicious circle. It has no end. I will always be alone and Zayn would get tired of me and he would find other friends who want to do what he wants. But that's okay I guess, that's the best thing for Zayn, I'll stop being such a burden to him'
He didn't have time for his thoughts right now, it was always dangerous to be in a room alone with your thoughts, for they speak the truth in every case.
Harry got up, grabbed his iPod and put on some running clothes and sneakers. Perhaps going out for a run would help him clear his mind.