Chapter 2.

We raced to the platform and saw the men that had newly joined us, had finished cleaning Lady Gilda and were climbing down from her. "Let's go. No time to waste." I said and swiftly leaped into the air, landing on the ship's deck.

The men scrambled on after me and began to lift the anchor. "But Captain, we've only got food to last us a week." Finlay said to me as he began stirring Lady Gilda toward the seas.

I walked to the edge of the ship and opened the map, my eyes practically glistening as I scanned it once more. "We'll have to find the treasure within a week then."

I rolled the map and walked towards where Finlay stood, then stomped my foot thrice to gain everyone's attention once more. They were murmuring amongst themselves, talking about how I had called everyone back to the ship without us purchasing anything.

"Listen up! We're going on a treasure hunt. And not just any treasure hunt, but the biggest one ever on these seas."

I got down from the platform where the helm was and walked through the crowd, taking slow steps as my heels clacked on the wood. They cleared the way as I took each step. "Now this journey is going to be dangerous. Far more than any we've been on together."

I was now at one end of the ship, my back facing them and hands held behind me. Very dramatically, I turned to them and placed my most menacing expression on my face. "I'm going to give yer a choice."

I took steps back to the crowd and brushed down Edward's shirt. "Yer can scurry along now and leave if yer not up for it. Sea creatures, thunderstorms, and worse. It's certainly not a journey for the faint-hearted."

I walked back to the helm and sat on the platform, crossing one leg over the other, with my arms stretched behind me. "Take a boat and leave. Yer might not make it back alive either, so choose carefully."  The crowd was awfully silent as I spoke, only giving each other careful glances.

I blinked twice as I waited for them to speak before Bastian cleared his throat, breaking the silence. "Captain. We been on dangerous treasure hunts for years. We won't abort ship because it's dangerous. We staying." He said firmly with determination in his eyes. I looked at the rest of the crew and they murmured in agreement, nodding their heads.

My signature smirk made its way to my face and I got up from where I sat, clasping my hands together. "Now, we have to rationalize the food. The goal is to find the treasure and come back to land in a week."

"Aye Captain!" They said together.

I opened the map once more and quickly eyed it. "It seems we would have to pass Smugglers Isle to get there. Ugh, Jack." I facepalmed.

"Yer got that? Get to yer stations. There's no time for slacking 'til we find it." I unconsciously touched my necklace and looked at the sky. It was pretty clear today but I knew it wouldn't stay that way the longer we set out to sea.

I retreated to my room to study the map some more as the men all scurried to their stations and got to work.

*

"Captain! Captain!" I opened my eyes and sat up abruptly. I must've dozed off on the table. I went to the door and opened it to see an annoyed Finlay.

"What's the matter, Finlay?" I asked him.

"We've arrived at Smugglers Isle.." That was enough for me to understand the situation. I pushed past him and got to the top of the ship to see the familiar back of the person I disliked the most. Well, second to Captain Muscles.

He turned around to face me with a grin on his face. I folded my arms and rolled my eyes. "Lana! It's so good to see yer!" He exclaimed and my men grabbed their swords and cutlasses out at his disrespectful tone.