Chapter 11.

"I...I'm not going." I forced out. I heard gasps from my men at my answer and they murmured amongst themselves.

"What are yer talking about Captain? Just hours ago, yer told me to get everyone ready. What do yer mean?" Finlay took closer steps toward me.

"I've been thinking about it for a while now and I don't think I want to go back." I said.

"But if yer don't come with us, you'll be stuck 'ere forever."

I nodded. "I know. Like I said, I put a lot of thought into it and this is what I want."

"Lana." He suddenly said and held my shoulders. "Is this really what yer want?"

"Yer know nothing's waiting for me back home anyways. I'd rather stay 'ere and explore." He sighed and nodded his head patting my shoulders and removing his hands from them.

"If that's the case, I'm staying too."

"No yer not."

"Captain." Finlay said again, sadness washing over his face.

"Yer have yer mum and grandmum waiting for yer back home. Yer can't just abandon them by staying 'ere." I held his hands in mine and he didn't say anything. He just stared into my eyes with a frown on his face.

"But yer abandoning me." He said and my eyes widened.

"Finlay. I'm-"

"I know, I know. I misspoke Captain. If this is really, really want yer want, then who am I to stop yer." He held my hands tightly and his eyes were getting glassy. I was beginning to tear up while looking at him. I had hurt him twice today and now I was never going to see him again.

I tiptoed and wrapped my hands around his back and hugged him tightly. The tears fell down my face and I patted his back. We pulled away after some moments and he swiftly cleaned his eyes.

"I promise I'll find a way to come and see yer again. I won't rest until I do." Finlay sniffled and said to me.

"That would be nice Finlay. I would like it even more if yer focused on other things though and just kept me in yer memory." His lips quivered and he turned his face to the side, looking away from me.

"Take Lady Gilda and the men. It's about time yer became Captain, Finlay." He darted his head back quickly to look at me and tears fell from his brown eyes.

"I know how much you've wanted to be a Captain. I see the way yer relate with the men. Yer was born to be a Captain and I know you'll take good care of Lady Gilda." I reached up to his face and wiped the tears away from his cheeks.

"Captain." His voice cracked. I nodded and he nodded back at me.

I peered behind him at the men and walked toward them. I held their hands and patted their backs. "Bastian. Don't cause too much trouble for Finlay."

"Aye Captain."

"Edward. Please watch out for Bastian." I facepalmed and he replied.

"Aye Captain." They were getting teary-eyed causing my tears to rise to my eyes once more.

"Don't yer get all mushy and cry now." I ordered them and they sniffled. I moved toward Davy and his crew and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Unfortunately, we weren't able to spend time together, but yer a good lad. Yer and yer boys have done a good job fixing up and cleaning Lady Gilda." He brushed his teary eyes and nodded his head.

"Keep up the good work Davy."

"Aye Captain."

I walked toward Lady Gilda and placed a hand on her wooden exterior. I caressed her body and placed my forehead on it. All the memories I had of my dad and Evalyn came rushing back to me and I sharply inhaled.