Chapter 5.

We walked out of the island and were led toward the ship we had seen when entering. "Captain. I don't like this guy." Finlay said from beside me as I climbed the ladder.

"Let me talk to him. I'll know if he's an ally or if we need to get rid of him." I said quietly as I held out a hand for him to take to lift himself onto the ship.

He didn't reply me but kept the frown on his face. I examined the ship and it didn't look much different from a regular ship, asides from the fact that it was a little bigger than Lady Gilda. The Jack which hung at the bow was a deep green and had a skull wearing a black scarf and an eyepatch drawn on it. It flapped gently in the soft breeze.

"Ahem." Captain Alistair cleared his throat and my eyes darted to him. He sat on a stool with a table in front and gestured for me to take a seat.

I settled in the seat and crossed one leg over the other and stared at him, smirking. I definitely hadn't seen him before. I'm sure I would've recognized his eyes if I didn't remember anything else; they were a striking green. A rare beauty of an eye color.

"He tilted his head up and looked back down at me. "Who are you?" He asked repeating the question he asked me inside the island.

Normally, Finlay would begin his dramatics by explaining who I am but he seemed to be in a terrible mood ever since we met Alistair. I looked at him but he shrugged and broke eye contact.

"Like I introduced earlier, me name's Lana, Captain Lana." I took off my hat and placed it on my chest bowing slightly. I peered at him but his expression was blank.

I placed the hat back on my head and stood up from the stool. His hand instinctively touched his sword and I let out a bout of laughter.

"Oh, Alistair boy-o! If I wanted to kill yer, trust you'll be dead by now. Don't get yer knickers in a twist so soon." I teased and he scoffed, folding his arms and focusing on me.

I began my explanation.

"Me and me crew sailed across seas many pirates feared to cross. We battled Kraken and even survived a treacherous storm." I demonstrated with my hands as I paced back and forth.

"What's Kraken?"

My back was faced to him and I immediately turned around and narrowed my eyes at him. Every pirate knows Kraken and if they don't, certainly every Captain knows.

I was right. We're definitely not on the seas we know. I'll need more information from him.

"Kraken. The most dangerous sea monster? Never heard of it?" I questioned him.

"There are sea monsters alright, but nothing that dangerous and nothing by the name of Kraken. At least none I haven't heard of."

I descended on my seat and leaned forward to observe his eyes. He didn't seem like he was telling a lie.

My eyes widened as they always did when I found something amusing.

"Captain Alistair..." I said his name and a smirk played on my lips. "What kind of Captain are yer? I'm extremely curious."

He leaned backward to put some distance between us and straightened his form. "I'm the best Captain these seas have ever seen. Discovered the most treasures and fought the most sea monsters. I've also caught the most rogues. Everyone knows me around here." He said with a smirk forming on his lips.

Oh.

I was about to make a snide remark but someone beat me to it. "Please. If anyone's the best Captain on these seas, it's gonna be Captain Lana." Finlay said with a roll of his eyes and my men hummed in agreement.

Pirates: Lana and the Mystic Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें