Chapter 6.

Following someone, I barely knew, out in the middle of the night, deep inside the island, didn't seem like the smartest move to make. But I couldn't care less because I was drunk and drunk me is a little too fearless for her own good.

"Come on. Just a little further." Captain Alistair's voice called out in front of me.

Walking was sobering me up and my vision was starting to clear up too. If he tried anything funny or tried to kill me, I'd be able to defend myself.

He pushed past some bushes and leaves until we came across a small wooden house which sat on a tree. Such a strange design.

Tall trees surrounded the house on the tree and when I looked to the sky, all the drunkenness in me vanished. These stars were numerous, far brighter, and of various colors than the ones I see at night on the sea.

My eyes darted back to the house and I properly examined it. It had lanterns situated outside of it and a ladder to the side. It was a well-built house and I wondered if Captain Alistair built it on his own.

"We'll come back to this later. Come on." He held my wrist and pulled me along with him toward a direction. I was about to protest and release my hand from his grip, but I was forced to divert my attention to something else. Before me was a lake surrounded by beautiful, illuminated flowers. Pink, blue, red, you name it. The flowers were of every color and glowed in the dark.

They shone light on the red lake which stretched far out and probably connected to the ocean. "Captain Alistair, this is beautiful." I finally said taking it all in.

Just when I thought it couldn't get better, butterflies that had blue wings that also glowed flew in a pack of 8. They flew past my head and disappeared into the forest.

"Are these actually glowing, or am I too drunk?" I asked the man who quietly watched me.

He let out a chuckle which caused me to look at him before saying. "Yes you are drunk, but these actually glow. It's a pretty normal thing to see on this island. Do you not have glowing butterflies and flowers back where you're from?"

I shook my head. "No, we don't. They look normal. They certainly don't glow."

I sat down on the floor a few feet away from the lake and Captain Alistair joined me, leaving some space between the two of us. "So you say you saw some kind of barrier before arriving here?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Aye. A white barrier. It's crazy. I still can't believe yer world and mine are so different." I brought my knees up to my chest and hung my hands on them.

"I too can't believe you're from a totally different world. How is this even possible?"

"It still feels like a dream. Thank yer, for showing this to me. It is truly magical." I turned my face to him and he gave me a small smile. We stayed like that for a moment, smiling and staring into each other's eyes before a splashing sound broke me out of the trance.

Something or rather some-one, plopped out of the red lake causing me to let out a shriek and some expletives. "Son of a sea monster! What in the world?!"

It was a lady with long red hair. She had light blue eyes and wore pearl necklaces. Her bosom was covered with pink clams.

"What are yer doing in there? You'll catch a cold." I said moving closer to the water and stretching a hand out to help her out.

Instead, she took my hand in hers and shook it with a wide smile on her face. "I'm Pearl. It's nice to meet you, Captain Lana."

My lips formed a smile and I asked her excitedly. "It's nice to meet yer too Pearl. How'd yer know my name?"