Chapter 8.

"I shoulda killed yer with me hands." I said through gritted teeth. The rogue pirate had blocked my sword's attack on his neck, with his cutlass. He let out a loud laughter in the echoing cave before saying.

"Oh, sweetheart. Yer really shoulda killed me. Or better still, you woulda come with me when I asked nicely. Now, I'm afraid I'm going to have to kill yer." My face was contorted into a deep frown and I was about to say something in return when Alistair made his way to my side, taking out his sword.

"Who are you? Who is this person?" He directed the second question toward me.

"That's a rogue pirate me and me crew encountered on our journey 'ere." I answered and I began to hear the sound of swords and metal weapons being unsheathed from behind me. No doubt, my men were ready to strike.

"I see yer boyfriend 'ere wants to defend yer. That's fine by me. We can bury the two of yer right 'ere, right now." Yellow teeth replied with a wide grin.

"How did yer even follow us ere? Kraken shoulda killed yer and if it didn't, the storm woulda done the job. How did yer manage to escape?" I asked ignoring his death threat.

The smile on his face was removed and his left eye twitched. "We almost didn't, thanks to someone."

Flashback (Yellow teeth's Pov)

"Captain! Captain!" I heard the muffled sound of someone calling me and opened my eyes. All I could see around me was water and I was slowly sinking in it. I snapped back to my senses and struggled to swim back up with my injured arm and leg.

"Ah!" I gasped as I breathed when I arrived at the surface, oxygen filling my lungs again. I looked around me and saw my men, the ones alive, trying to climb onto the three small boats. The water was stained red with our blood and we had to leave or else we'd be someone's dinner soon.

"Take me hand Captain." One of the men called out to me and I stretched their hand out for me to grab. I grabbed it and climbed onto the boat as more men swam to the safety of the boats.

"Those darn buccaneers., I'm gonna rip 'em to shreds." I said, fury clouding my eyes.

Once I noticed the survivors had boarded the boats while the deceased had sunk below eye level, I gave an order. "Follow that ship!"

They immediately began paddling in the direction of the faraway ship that was now barely visible. The injuries on my arm, chest, and leg stung and were still bleeding badly. Luckily, I have a pretty muscular body so the wounds shouldn't be too deep.

We passed by two rocks and the water turned still. I smelled something bad and it wasn't the fish in the sea, nor my men who haven't showered in weeks.

They paddle steadily and my eyes suddenly looked into the water. Bright yellow eyes caught my attention as something passed by my side and began to swim around the three boats.

"What is that?" I said aloud and my men began panicking.

"That doesn't even matter. Do we have any weapons on us?" I asked, keeping my voice a reasonable sound so as not to provoke the creature.

"No Captain. We lost em all when the ship sank." Someone answered and I let out a grunt in response.

We were all going to die at this rate. Something had to be done.

The creature circled the three boats once more and it rose closer to the surface. I then caught sight of the sword that stood in its mouth and the two wounded eyes, with a crossbow sticking out of one of them.

Its injuries were going to give us some leverage and if it got really bad, I could use one of the other boats as a diversion while I escape. I looked down at my leg and noticed the dagger on my thigh.