Chapter 17

When Amelia awoke from her deep slumber, she was surprised to find herself in Damien's bed, tucked under the covers and wrapped in his button up. Her diamond necklace was on the nightstand beside her, but she didn't bother putting it back on. She searched the dark room for a device to tell her the time, but there was nothing around. Sighing, she pulled herself out of bed and exited the room. Her eyes were dry, possibly from the aftermath of her crying, and her hair was madly tangled.

As she combed her fingers through her hair, she descended the stairs and made her way into the living room where Damien was sitting on the couch with his laptop. Upon noticing her, he smiled and moved the device onto the coffee table.

"How'd you sleep, sweet girl?"

Amelia yawned as she approached, but it quickly died in her throat when he pulled her onto his lap. "I can't believe you didn't wake me up."

"You've had a long day," he said, brushing her hair out of her face. "I don't think you've eaten all day either. What are you craving?"

She licked her lips and looked at his. Before she could answer, he smirked and shook his head at her.

"I'm talking about food, by the way," he said.

She sheepishly smiled. "I knew that. Thank you for asking Lily to call me, by the way."

"I want you to know that you still have friends," he told her. "Real friends who genuinely care about you."

"Damien, where are we with Ms. Day's comprehensive assessment?" a woman asked through the laptop speaker. Amelia hadn't realized until that moment that he was in a call.

Damien leaned over to unmute himself and then said, "Sierra should have that taken care of by the end of the week."

"And what about getting those Olmstead charges dropped?"

"The judge won't budge," he informed the woman. "I'll try reaching out to his chamber on Monday."

He muted himself and gazed up at Amelia. She was watching him with lustful eyes. "What is it?"

"You're sexy when you're hard at work," she replied, dragging a finger over his chest.

He chuckled. "It's been a very emotional day for you, Amelia. How about we just—"

She pressed her finger to his lips and shook her head. "Don't you want to see your gift?"

He wanted to decline and tell her that she needed more rest, but that was impossible to do when she parted his lips and pushed her finger into his mouth. He was weak. He couldn't deny himself of the simple pleasure of tasting her, so he sucked on her finger as he worked the buttons of the shirt. He moved slowly, admiring every inch of skin revealed to him.

Once he reached her tender and round breasts, he hungrily tore the remainder of the buttons and removed the shirt, discarding it on the floor. He slid her off his lap and spun her, examining the harness that conformed perfectly to her hourglass figure. Her breasts were barely covered by the strings of pearls and lace, and her unshaven pussy was fully exposed in the harness.

"Come here," he said, gesturing to his lap.

Amelia straddled him and threw her head back when he took her breast into his hand, kneading it gently. He lowered his mouth over the other and flicked at her nipple until it hardened against his tongue. Then he moved onto the other one, sucking on it until her nipple grew erect in his mouth.

Between her quiet sighs and moans, he could hardly hear the voices on his laptop, but he didn't care. His only focus was the woman in his arms as he spread kisses over her chest and neck. Then he cupped the back of her head and pulled her in for a kiss.