Chapter 34

Inside a quaint cafe on Manhattan Beach, Amelia sat directly across from Damien pretending to study her menu. She found herself glancing at him every chance she could. She sighed each time, content with the view in front of her. After the fifth sigh, Damien set his menu down and lifted his head. He smirked when she shamelessly batted her lashes at him and dragged her bare foot up his leg, caressing him.

He glanced around the cafe, searching for curious gazes. Upon realizing that no one was the least bit interested in the couple sitting in the back corner, he pulled her foot into his lap. He quickly realized his mistake when she kneaded his groin.

"Amelia," he said, clicking his tongue. "We're on a date."

"You're no fun," she whined.

She tried to pull her foot back, but he wrapped his hand around her ankle to stop her.

"Forgive me for trying to prove that I can court my woman without making sexual advances."

He reached under the table to grab the bottom of her chair and pulled her toward him. Once she was sitting adjacent to him, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers, catching her off guard with his affection.

She quickly pulled back. "People might see us."

"I don't care," he murmured. He kissed her again but only briefly before parting. "Now, my goddess, what should I order for us?"

"Room for one more?"

Distracted by the voice, Amelia looked up at the woman who had appeared beside their table. Damien's head remained bowed, and a scowl appeared on his face. He didn't have to see her to know her identity.

"Bella," he said, disgruntled. He reluctantly gazed up at her and forced a smile. "What are you doing here?"

She gestured to the front where Chad was having a conversation with the man behind the counter. "Chad and I are in town to check out The Den. It's the one year anniversary tonight, and there's going to be a big show. Is that why you're here?"

"No," Damien responded. "But I do intend to stop by with my sweet girl."

Amelia raised a brow. "You do?"

"It was a surprise," he told her. "And also one of the big plans I had for us."

"Oh," Bella said, blushing. "I ruined it, didn't I?"

Amelia politely smiled at the woman and shook her head. "It's okay. Maybe the four of us can go together."

Bella grinned, pleased with the offer. "Chad and I would love that. We're hosting an after party on his yacht. You have to come."

"Sure," Amelia said. She glanced at Damien who appeared completely impassive. "But only if my master allows it."

"Anything for you," he replied. He shamelessly ran his hand up her thigh, caressing her soft skin. "Excuse us, Bella. My pet hasn't eaten yet, and I'd prefer to feed her privately."

"I'll get out of your way," Bella promptly said. "I'll see you both tonight."

Amelia waved at the woman as she turned to leave. When she and Damien were alone again, she said, "She seems really nice."

"Of course she is," Damien said, shaking his head. "Every dom is nice when they encounter a potential sub."

She rolled her eyes. "Bella invited me to play once. I'm sure she's over it."

"I know Bella. Once she sets her sight on someone she wants, she doesn't give up until she has them."

"She can't have me," Amelia told him. "I'm already playing with someone who treats me like a goddess."