Chapter 13 - Scheming

This was delirium, like a dream. But recently my dreams did not tend to be true. I blinked when he did let go of me. He strokes through his hair with all ten fingers, messing it up which did not do his appearance any bad. I was surprised to see embarrassment in his eyes. He seemed very shy and this must have been the cutest thing I ever saw. "Did you mean it?", I asked. referring to his confession of love for me. Like a true scientist I would not believe it until I had certain proof. "I am afraid I did.", he smiled and blushed and I could not stop awing. He touched my cheek. "Can I kiss you?" There was only one answer to that. I closed my eyes and once again his lips on mine send me into a space far beyond from our world where no earthly concern was valid. "We should have done these ages before.", I said when we looked at each other, a little breathless and I saw my confusion and ultimate happiness resembled in his eyes. We had not even managed to leave the cemetery.

"Come on. We still got work to do.", I said. The perspective of sitting together and reading through books and maybe opening the letter I got this morning had never seemed more alluring.

Dear Albus

Its Rolf Scamander here. The Bloody Baron gave me this bloody weird task to ask no questions and just write.

I smiled. I could almost feel Rol's pride over his own wordgame. Gellert on the Matress next to me just lifted an eyebrow.

So here we go because I have no interest in getting another cold ghost flash and my friends are waiting anyways. We miss you though.

Dear Albus

This talking-machine of a boy was not my first choice but he was the only one available who is friends enough with you. I have talked to the nearly Headless Nick about this matter because he informed me. Actually, I do remember these glorious days when Slytherin himself wandered this halls. Phantastic stories were said about this school. I was more than upset not to be present all the time to watch this institution grow through him. However, you asked about this mysterious stone. Of course, I have heard from it's mysteries as well. It is most likely that Salazar Slytherin himself owned such an object but he was the master of secrets so probably he never told anyone about it. I do remember though from an old ghost in Albania to whom I spoke once that Slytherin did not fear death at all because he had secured his comeback by a sacred ball (this was his choice of words). Maybe he told his friend Gryffindor to bring him back somehow? When Slytherin left finally we never heard from him again but it is said that he left a secret chamber under the school where he left his heritage for the true heir to find.

If you are really interested in finding this stone or whatever it may be I advise you to search for this chamber first. But beware. It is also said that a monster haunts it's halls though I doubt this is anything you could not deal with.

You were the only Gryffindor I ever liked and whom I would guess to have great success. Unfortunately, you were in the wrong house as you could have done greatest things in mine.

Best wishes

Signed

The Bloody Baron (and Ghosts of Hogwarts)

"Someone's popular?", asked Gellert with a smirk. He lifted my chin and kissed me and I would have given all popularity away to make this moment last forever. Instead I smirked back "Be careful that no one tries to snatch me from you." "They wouldn't dare.", he said lazily. "Not now and not after we have become the masters of death at which I think that letter is more than promising and you are more than loved at Hogwarts so you could show up there without any problems. You could even get a teacher even though I belief that this would take to long now even with your extraordinary talents. So we will go there as soon as possible. The excitement in his voice prickled on my skin I could go back to my beloved school again but not alone but with him by my side. How many things would have changed in my life when I would walk these halls again and I could perfectly relate to the Bloody Baron who would even call them "glorious".