Chapter 14 - Diagon Alley

Explaining things to Aberforth had not been particulary nice if not to say it went horrible. I had left Gellerts place somewhen at night but my brother unfortunately had still been awake. "Have you been with your... lover?", he spat the last word at my feet and I had felt very embarassed but also very angry. This kind of contempt did not suit him well and it sounded like an insult. "What? Do you want me to say that it is wrong what I feel? Do you think it is weird that I love a man?", I had kept my voice calm but inside I was fire. There was no room toHe shook is had angryly. My brother was not nearly as good as me at hiding his feelings. "I don't care who you fuck Albus but instead of you I care about our sister." And he had done it again. Once more he had shown me precicely where my true place was. A position that I had never ever wanted. "That is not the life I want to life Aberforth. This is not what I am made for. Gellert is my chance to see the world. We will go to Diagon Alley tomorrow. Take it or leave it." My voice had been shaking with hidden anger. "If that weirdo is keeping you from Ariana, keeping you from me, and showing you the world, he is worse than I thought. He is selfish and mean and all of this is his fault." Aberforth was screaming and looked allover devastated. I compared him with Gellert, my other company and could see nothing but a crying child that I was somehow responsible for. Gellert was freedom, this was just responsiblity and I felt nothing but pity, knowing perfectly well that my thoughts were cruel. "I will take Ariana with me.", I said with boredom in my voice. Aberforths eyes were murderous. "You know that she could not stand this. You know it. Merlins beard I will stay with her so she must't go with you, the brother who doesnt want her. You are a monster Albus." And at that he had left me. I felt bad for him and my sister but there was no way to talk to Aberforth again this night and I wanted to keep the girl out of it.

When the next morningt Gellert knocked at my window and his smile was the brightest I ever saw I couldn't withstand to leave with him. Love is a funny thing and I loved to be it's puppet.

"No not here.", I whispered at my boyfriend when his hand brushed mine on open street and sent a warm shudder across my back. He smirked knowingly and suddenly grapped my hand and pulled me into a tiny alley, winding away from the daily buisiness in diagon alley. Surpressing my laughter I ran past him into a small courtyard where he pushed me up the wall to kiss me fiercly. I burned. Could't we just walk ten minutes without going crazy for each other? I answered the kiss violently because I knew that this might well be the last one until tonight.

"Hey boys. What the fuck are you doing?" We whirled around at the same moment, both immediately pulling out our wands and pointing at an ugly wizard with black teeth and an angry look. His wand was pointed at me. Behind him my eyes fell at the street sign: _Nocurn Alley_ Now I got it why this street seemed so deserted and dark and why exactly this weirdo had found us. "excu-", I started to try and solve this diplomatically but Gellert stopped me. "Don't you dare apologise. There is nothing wrong about this.", he said under his breath. "Do you have a problem mate?", he asked agressively? "Dare to critisise any of what you saw and let me give you the advise to back away quickly and leave it be." I was torn back and forth between fascination and worry. Gellerts voice had sounded ice cold. The man must have realised it too because he lowered his wand and started to leave the place. But when he turdet I heard him mutter: "Queens" This was his worst decision. So fast that I could barely follow it Gellert muttered: "stuperfy." The spell hit the man right in the back and was powerfull enough to throw him against the nearby wall. His head hit it with and ugly sound and the guy broke down next to it where he stayed, unconscious. "Gellert!", I shouted, turning to my friend who was pale like a blanket. "I am sorry Albus but he was about to insult us, insult this. I could not let that happen because there. is. nothing. wrong. about. it. Sorry if I have feared you." For a second I was confused because his eyes did not seem sorry the slightest bit.

"You did not scare me. Just... I think we should try to keep ourselves together and keep going with our work. We cn't always shock the people surrounding us." I was surprised how steady my voice was. Alltogether I did not feel very shaky. It was almost like I had expected it. Like I knew that we had to fight for what we had, like I _wanted_ to fight for it too. "Let's go.", I murmured and took his hand to pull him away. "This is Nocturn Alley anyways. It's a dark place." None of us gave the man only such as a blink. And in some way I felt powerful. Like the strange look from his unforgiving eyes was now also shining in mine. If this was how leadership felt, how our new world would feel....