Chapter 17 - Escalation

Gellert

Your point about wizard dominance being FOR THE MUGGLES' OWN GOOD - this, I think, is the crucial point. Yes, we have been given power and yes, that power gives us the right to rule, but it also gives us responsibilities over the ruled. We must stress this point, it will be the foundation stone upon which we build. Where we are opposed, as we surely will be, this must be the basis of all our counterarguments. We seize control FOR THE GREATER GOOD. And from this it follows that where we meet resistance, we must use only the force that is necessary and no more. (This was your mistake at Durmstrang! But I do not complain, because if you had not been expelled, we would never have met.)

Albus

After the fight with Aberforth, after he had stormed off to I didn't know where I had locked myself inside my room. It was one of those nights where of Course I questioned myself. Aberforth had said some very alarming things and I knew that I could not simply leave. But neither could I leave the Hallows to themselfes and Gellert... I wished he was here right now. I placed my name below the words and read it again. Yes. This was it what it was all About. Ariana or not Ariana, this was reality and our change it. I hear the door in the Story below. Aberforth must be back but the steps in the hallway I would recognise them anywhere. Catlike movements of the most beautiful elgance. I stormed down the staircase. "Gellert!" He looked at me in confusion like he would not recognise me. "Albus, why would your brother tell me that you want to stay here with your sister, isn't he going back to school anyways? What does this have to do with him?" I shook my head. Aberforth had stepped inside without me noticing it. "What? Aberforth what have you told him?" I turned back to Gellert: "No Aberforth is going back to school yes and Ariana will stay here, just like we planned."

"No.", said Aberforth. "It's enough Albus. You won't put her under some silly fairytale-cloak and store her here. That is not going to happen."

Gellert smirked. "I am sorry but I doubt that's your decision."

"She is my sister and also his and therefore his damn responsibility. That's not my decision I don't care what influence you have over my brother, I don't care if you love him or only fuck him. "

He had crossed an invisible border. I was hurt by his words but within a mere second Gellert drew his wand and shot a curse at my brother.

"Gellert stop.", but it was not me who shouted these words.

Ariana, in a white nightdress that could not hide her slim and still childlike features stood in the hallway like a ghost. Aberforth gasped. Her eyes shone like the curse was still gleaming in them. Something was wrong. She was shaking. "Aberforth got up from where he had jumped to escape and ran towards Ariana. "Stay back.", she screamed and pushed him away with so mich force that he crashed into the fromt door. She smiled at Gellert. "Stop that flashlight. I can feel it." And with that she  exploded.

A wafe of black, foggy power hit my face. The world turned black and upside down. I heard a scream, tried to pull my wand from m pocked, saw a curse flying by from where I guessed Gellert to where I guessed Ariana. "STOP!", now it was my time to scream. He would hurt her. Or whatever this was. The Thing Aberforth had spoken about. "Stuperfy.", I screamed and pointed towards Gellert to Keep him from sending more curses. Everythng was black. "Stuperfy." "Petrifficus totalus." "Expelliarmus." Spell after spell, a whole firework because spells were flying back and I had to protect myself. From the Corner of my eye I though I saw a green flashlight and a drizzle of cold. Through the chaos I heard one voice, clearer than ever before. "ALBUS!" A Hand grabbed mine. I coughed as a Cure stroke past me and knocked me ovr. I held my side and my hand came back wet. Bloody but it seemed to come from the cut in my hand where a cold flacon burned.

The black passed. The hallway was destroyed. A Desaster of dust and debris. Aberforth held my hand. His shoulder was dripping from blood but he payed no attention to it. Tears were smeared all over his face. "Albus.", he sobbed and pulled my hand. I looked towards the kitchen where he pulled me.

Like the apron her nightdress was gray with dust. For some reson her eyes were closed but her face was pulled into a grimace from that Thing that did explode inside her. The Thing that had made Gellert shoot at her. Gellert was missing. I was unhurt except for the cut in my hand. The blood oath and protected me as it had protected him I assumed. My brother was stumbling to the Ground, his shoulder still badly hurt but Ariana, my beautiful, most gentle Girl that ever lived. Ariana lay dead on the ground.

THE END