I look at the guy weirdly and go to get in the car, before the guy can say anything, Chloe looks at me around the backseat. "Okay, so this is my brother, Alec. It's kinda weird, but when we get around each other we talk in a British accent. It's funny, right?"

I turn to look at her, giving her an incredulous look. The guy that I now know as Chloe's brother Alec, is looking at her weird.  He goes to speak when, again, Chloe goes to interrupt him.

"Hadley, this is so rude of me, but can you step out of the car and switch with me? I am so dramatic, but it's hot back here." Chloe says, as she dramatically fans herself.

I give her a nod and hop out of the car, I go to step into the backseat, but Chloe hurriedly shuts the door. "Hey, could you let me talk to my brother real quick, before you get in?"

Again, I nod my head and stay outside while she goes to get into the passenger seat. I feel my phone vibrate and look down. A smile spreads across my face as I see an incoming call from Tristan. With no hesitation, I answer, like a sick puppy.

"Hey, Lee. How's the college life?" He asks. I melt at his voice.  Gosh, I am so pathetic.

"It's great. Chloe is pretty chill. She waited to get stuff for the dorm too, so tell your mom I owe her, because she was right. Her brother is a senior here, so he's taking us to the store to get stuff. She's so funny, she said she made her parents force him to be her own personal Uber." I laugh, remembering the conversation I had earlier.

Tristan laughs. "I'm happy for you babe, she seemed nice. Just don't go letting her take my place."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "I love you."

Tristan says his goodbyes and hangs up, promising to text me when he's made it back home. I turn to see if Chloe and Alec are done with their conversation to see all eyes on me. Alec's eyes hold anger in them, while Chloe's eyes hold a hint of sadness in them, the mystery guy and the other friend are just looking at me weird.

I open the door and poke my head inside, I clear my throat, not liking all of the attention. "Am I good to get in." Chloe nods her head and gives me a meek smile. My brow furrows, did I do something wrong?

----

It takes ten minutes to get to the small mall, which I'm grateful for, I feel like I've been in a car all day.

The whole car ride was awkward, I felt like everyone was side eyeing me, but shrugged it off as being the new person.

Chloe and I were the first to get out and we made our way quietly in to the mall. I still felt like Chloe was acting different but didn't know whether I should mention it or not. As we walk into our second store with barely saying a word to each other, I decided to break the silence.

"Did I do something?" My voice is barely above a whisper. "Because if I did, I'm really sorry. Did I stay on the phone and make you wait too long or.." Chloe cut my rambling off.

"No no no, I..I...You did nothing wrong, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I've been this quiet. I just had a...talk with my brother about something personal." She explains.

"Oh, it's okay. I get it, I was just making sure." I reply with a smile.

I'm glad I stepped up and said something, because after that, Chloe went back to her old self. I could tell there was something bothering her still, but I wasn't going to intrude. We were able to find everything we needed for the dorm room, and decided to go with the neutral, earthy colors tan, cream, white, green, and burnt orange. We thought it would be cute to get matching tan duvets, and then incorporate the other colors in our pillows and wall decor.